Micah Richards the pundit

Thanks it's totally true. I worked with a girl in her twenties who supported the rags. Of course she lived in Kent and had been to the swamp twice in her life. Once was for a tour and shopping trip to Manchester on her birthday. She was distraught when Ferguson retired and we started winning stuff and beating them. Her whole world of posing in rag shirts and being associated with success was evaporating before her eyes. She was bewildered, she never thought it would end. That's the difference in being raised on adversity or spoilt with success.
Very true, I remember the mid 60's when for non local fans it was rare to find more than 2 or 3 kids supporting the same Div.1 teams, there were few replica kits and almost every team had a reasonable share of fans.

Now there is a former City player and a fan of the club on the panel of pundits, there's a call for respect.

Every single City fan sat listening to a rag friend or family member rant like that after the derby would burst out laughing, loving every second of it.

The media is infested with United fans that grew up knowing nothing but success and they can't accept they have reverted back to who they really are.

United hadn't won the league for 26 years, before that there other successful period was Busby and his 5 titles in 24 years.

Baconface has ruined that club, like a cult leader promising them eternal glory, the followers thinking it was going to last forever.

I guess if you're looking for analysis, then yes he is. Other than that he calls it as a fan sees it. He's fucking sticking it to the man. Just like the Buzzer did.
Oh, and how he was mocked for that...

Now that is what punditry is all about.Good honest observations and his prediction of the future came to fruition.

Thanks it's totally true. I worked with a girl in her twenties who supported the rags. Of course she lived in Kent and had been to the swamp twice in her life. Once was for a tour and shopping trip to Manchester on her birthday. She was distraught when Ferguson retired and we started winning stuff and beating them. Her whole world of posing in rag shirts and being associated with success was evaporating before her eyes. She was bewildered, she never thought it would end. That's the difference in being raised on adversity or spoilt with success.

thats what it has always been for those disillusioned rags fans. It has been the association with success, that ability to fist pump at being number one when you have had fcuk all to do with it apart from a shirt.

Now they are left bewildered because this cant happen to them as they are man utd. They listen to there friends who say "we will be back because we are man u". It doesnt work that way though and the slide will continue.

Anyhow, on Micah. Top guy, love it.

Now that is what punditry is all about.Good honest observations and his prediction of the future came to fruition.

It's about balanced observations without agenda. Having Keane and Neville talk for half an hour about the rags and what they have to do to get back to the big time is not balanced. There was nothing about City or what it means for us in our current domestic dominance. It's all "they're a good side, but united gave up".

Every article subsequently has been written from the perspective of how sad it is to see the rags fall apart as they did and how they have a lot to do to return to the top.

For the rags and liverpool the position is always the same. Let's focus on what this means for them rather than what it means for anyone else.

Good to see Micah just crack up at how embarrassing it was for them and give Neville some shit.

I to had worker with lots of rags down here in kent. Piss taking when I was still wearing my City hat etc at work in the 3rd division. Only got into one bout of pushing and shoving at work but could easily have been more. Not one of these twats had been to Trafford, not one knew they history pre primer league.
I could never understand how you support a club 300 miles away without any family ties.

Now sadly I dont know any rags, sods law isnt it. Years of abuse from them and now I cant give it back !

Listening to the MNC club. A few good digs from Micah
When Chapman says about City having 92% possession for a period in the second half, Micah says "boring, thats boring according to Rory"

Also says we've spent 29 minutes talking about United and how bad they were, maybe we'll get to speak about City now for two minutes

Now there is a former City player and a fan of the club on the panel of pundits, there's a call for respect.

Every single City fan sat listening to a rag friend or family member rant like that after the derby would burst out laughing, loving every second of it.

The media is infested with United fans that grew up knowing nothing but success and they can't accept they have reverted back to who they really are.

United hadn't won the league for 26 years, before that there other successful period was Busby and his 5 titles in 24 years.

Baconface has ruined that club, like a cult leader promising them eternal glory, the followers thinking it was going to last forever.
He still mentions being an Arsenal fan when he was playing for City, like when Henry nutmegged him.

He is clearly playing a role like a lot do.

I first came to City BEFORE the '56 final, and suffered through the early '60s, revelled in the late '60s 'n early '70s, sniffed a bit of success somewhere else along the line until the present era. I've never known such success as we are experiencing currently. But I know it's all transitory, and PUFF, gone in a whisper. The Rags had their success and just cannot come to terms with the idea that football success is cyclical. Unfortunately they will have to shed the notion of entitlement long before it returns.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.