Micah Richards the pundit

I saw the clip of him laughing at Keane, as he was trying to be serious. The Neville one was nothing, he's equally as loud and impatient. To be fair on the Keane thing, if City weren't on the wrong end of a lot unprofessional standards within the UK broadcasting sphere, I'd say he should act more professional.

As it is, it was only after the Spurs game the other week, when I saw Carragher smirking in Micah's face while asking about the defeat(USA coverage but both UK pundits). I said he'd have seen his arse if Micah or Gary did the same to him(he proper sulks) and I stand by that, Micah took it well by contrast.

I'd like to say I'm surprised at the amount of reaction it's got, from fanbases who say City fans are "too sensitive" no less. But they've always been massive hypocrites. It just goes to show, that despite the posturing. They really couldn't handle half the stuff City fans have to put up with, if the shoe were truly on the other foot more often.

The lack of balance has become their norm, much like nobody being able to handle when City get a couple of tight calls going their way in a one off season(even some City fans have been brainwashed by it).

Last edited:
I'd like to say I'm surprised at the amount of reaction it's got, from fanbases who say City fans are "too sensitive" no less. But they've always been massive hypocrites.

Exactly, remember the chosen one getting all pissy because City were celebrating too much after beating the rags again :)

It shows how up themselves and divorced from reality some football journalists are, talking about 'disrespect' as if it was a session of the UN ffs. It's just some ex-pros earning money by chatting shit about football.

I doubt Keane gives a flying fuck - he has his simmering rage persona and it works quite well with Micah's living his best life approach. I suspect they are both quite happy to be earning (i assume good) money doing it.

The worst one is Neville because the persona he is trying to cultivate seems to be some sort of (faux) intellectual with gravitas thing. So when he had a pop at Micah about 'ranting' it wasn't about differing pundit opinions in the studio - he was deliberately trying to chuck Micah (his work colleague) under the bus in order to project himself as some sort of serious voice of reason. It was a bit of a twats trick and fortunately Micah didn't let it stand.

I to had worker with lots of rags down here in kent. Piss taking when I was still wearing my City hat etc at work in the 3rd division. Only got into one bout of pushing and shoving at work but could easily have been more. Not one of these twats had been to Trafford, not one knew they history pre primer league.
I could never understand how you support a club 300 miles away without any family ties.

Now sadly I dont know any rags, sods law isnt it. Years of abuse from them and now I cant give it back !

It's also the fact they couldn't give a ahit about the north or the area. For me, supporting the club is hand in hand with a love of Manchester itself. I couldn't support a team in a place I had no connection to, it just doesn't seem right. But plenty aren't interested in a connection. They just want to watch a winning team on tv. Kids in the south will be in City shirts these days.

Thanks it's totally true. I worked with a girl in her twenties who supported the rags. Of course she lived in Kent and had been to the swamp twice in her life. Once was for a tour and shopping trip to Manchester on her birthday. She was distraught when Ferguson retired and we started winning stuff and beating them. Her whole world of posing in rag shirts and being associated with success was evaporating before her eyes. She was bewildered, she never thought it would end. That's the difference in being raised on adversity or spoilt with success.
I would be surprised if she doesnt do all that in a City top now..

He still mentions being an Arsenal fan when he was playing for City, like when Henry nutmegged him.

He is clearly playing a role like a lot do.

I agree about roles being played, Micah he may have supported Arsenal growing up but his loyalties are with City (a reverse Lee Dixon).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.