Micah Richards the pundit

It's also the fact they couldn't give a ahit about the north or the area. For me, supporting the club is hand in hand with a love of Manchester itself. I couldn't support a team in a place I had no connection to, it just doesn't seem right. But plenty aren't interested in a connection. They just want to watch a winning team on tv. Kids in the south will be in City shirts these days.
Do you follow any other sports ? Do you support any top class sportsmen/women who don't have a love of Manchester ?. You are perfectly entitled to your perspective but the reality of professional sport is that at the top level, participants, clubs and organisations cannot survive financially if only supported by some of the inhabitants of where they live or are based. You don't need to be Chinese to love Chinese food, its' eaten all over the world and you don't have to be born or live within any specific proximity of Manchester to love a club you have been a supporter of for nearly 60 years. Maybe the kids or at least some of them love the world class football City play, why is that not right and a bad thing for City ?.

Do you follow any other sports ? Do you support any top class sportsmen/women who don't have a love of Manchester ?. You are perfectly entitled to your perspective but the reality of professional sport is that at the top level, participants, clubs and organisations cannot survive financially if only supported by some of the inhabitants of where they live or are based. You don't need to be Chinese to love Chinese food, its' eaten all over the world and you don't have to be born or live within any specific proximity of Manchester to love a club you have been a supporter of for nearly 60 years. Maybe the kids or at least some of them love the world class football City play, why is that not right and a bad thing for City ?.

If you are comparing a love for chinese food with a love for City you've proven my point.

If you are comparing a love for chinese food with a love for City you've proven my point.

I’ve swapped my regular Chinese more times than I care to remember due to repeated poor service or something that gave me a dose of the squits !

I’d never consider swapping my support of City, no matter how embarrassing their performance and result was !

It shows how up themselves and divorced from reality some football journalists are, talking about 'disrespect' as if it was a session of the UN ffs. It's just some ex-pros earning money by chatting shit about football.

I doubt Keane gives a flying fuck - he has his simmering rage persona and it works quite well with Micah's living his best life approach. I suspect they are both quite happy to be earning (i assume good) money doing it.

The worst one is Neville because the persona he is trying to cultivate seems to be some sort of (faux) intellectual with gravitas thing. So when he had a pop at Micah about 'ranting' it wasn't about differing pundit opinions in the studio - he was deliberately trying to chuck Micah (his work colleague) under the bus in order to project himself as some sort of serious voice of reason. It was a bit of a twats trick and fortunately Micah didn't let it stand.
And he planned it weeks ago.

Quite the opposite to proving your point. I asked a number of straightforward, maybe thought provoking questions, which you couldn't bother answering, possibly fearful that your honest answers would completely disprove your point. Result, your flippant comment.

Quite the opposite to proving your point. I asked a number of straightforward, maybe thought provoking questions, which you couldn't bother answering, possibly fearful that your honest answers would completely disprove your point. Result, your flippant comment.

It was thought provoking. It made me think about Chinese food!

I'm not having a go at you mate. If you aren't from Manchester but have supported City for decades fair enough. I wouldn't ever claim to love City more than anyone else. But I don't know why a person would pick a team they had no connection to just because they were decent. Plenty of cockney rags wouldn't give a fuck about Trafford when for me the primary role of any football club is to serve its match going fans who are generally from the area. Maybe I am too old fashioned!

Nice to have a blue amongst an army of 'istree clubs pundits , but i dont think he is that bright his incessant laughing when Keane was making valid points showed how thick he can be at times , he's coming across as a bit of a clown on occasions.
Maybe he should just stick to comments and tone down his banter and annoying over the top laughter , other more knowledgable pundits are making him look out of his depth.

Nice to have a blue amongst an army of 'istree clubs pundits , but i dont think he is that bright his incessant laughing when Keane was making valid points showed how thick he can be at times , he's coming across as a bit of a clown on occasions.
Maybe he should just stick to comments and tone down his banter and annoying over the top laughter , other more knowledgable pundits are making him look out of his depth.
Who?

It's also the fact they couldn't give a ahit about the north or the area. For me, supporting the club is hand in hand with a love of Manchester itself. I couldn't support a team in a place I had no connection to, it just doesn't seem right. But plenty aren't interested in a connection. They just want to watch a winning team on tv. Kids in the south will be in City shirts these days.
A winning team?

It took the best part of 40 fucking years for City to win something during my time, I am not from Manchester but the North West, is it ok to continue supporting the club that I have supported for 45 years or so?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.