Micah Richards the pundit

The title of this thread is “Micah Richards The Pundit,” and the ONLY serious answer to the posit is “awful.”

Micah the lad? Seems sound.
Micah the City fan? No doubt.
Micah the clown? Peerless.

But, Micah the pundit? Embarrassing.

His specialty should be doing football stories, man of the people type stuff, road-trip interviews, etc…but we get Micah, Spitter and Henry as the in studio pundits for Champions League games (Paramount +/CBS) over here and he LITERALLY PLAYS THE FOOL…but I’m not sure he’s playing!

As others have mentioned, as City fan pundits go, it’s hard to beat Nedum. He actually understands the game, can speak intelligently about his observations, and is clearly a very nice fella with a good sense of humor. I also like the fact that he hasn’t signed any exclusive deals, which allows him to work anywhere and not have to suck up to any long term employer.

See him most on ESPN (ABC) over here, which covers the League Cup & FA Cup, which is a shame, because he’d be brilliant on NBC’s Premier League coverage!

Micah has created a rod for his back and only his repartee with Keane has elicited any interest in him imho.

The title of this thread is “Micah Richards The Pundit,” and the ONLY serious answer to the posit is “awful.”

His specialty should be doing football stories, man of the people type stuff, road-trip interviews, etc…but we get Micah, Spitter and Henry as the in studio pundits for Champions League games (Paramount +/CBS) over here and he LITERALLY PLAYS THE FOOL…but I’m not sure he’s playing!

As others have mentioned, as City fan pundits go, it’s hard to beat Nedum. He actually understands the game, can speak intelligently about his observations, and is clearly a very nice fella with a good sense of humor. I also like the fact that he hasn’t signed any exclusive deals, which allows him to work anywhere and not have to suck up to any long term employer.

See him most on ESPN (ABC) over here, which covers the League Cup & FA Cup, which is a shame, because he’d be brilliant on NBC’s Premier League coverage!

Micah has created a rod for his back and only his repartee with Keane has elicited any interest in him imho.
I think we’d all love to see Nedum on one of the big UK broadcasters, but they aren’t interested in his type of commentary, incredibly unfortunate as it is.

Micah delivers exactly what they’re looking for. It’s not a bad thing necessarily, it says more about the broadcasters than anyone else, but at least it’s a friendly face in our corner… something we desperately need considering the rag/dipper stranglehold on the industry.

Good luck to Meeks. A key part of our journey and rise to the top, a club legend who bleeds blue and who deserves a lengthy post-playing career, as well as great respect *from us especially*. Once a blue, always a blue

Who is Micah embarrassing for. Are you seriously saying you are embarrassed for him? I suggest you don’t watch or listen to Micah if you are so sensitive. I hardly do because I’m either at the game or watching in a noisy pub,

Nedum is intelligent and articulate and he is getting more gigs as a consequence. Nedum is at a disadvantage because he was just short of being an elite player. It shouldn’t be a case of Nedum Vs Micah either.

Both lads could do with improving their analysis as I haven’t heard anything particularly insightful from either of these Blues in a while (but I don’t hear them often like I said).

Just be glad that we have a pundit flying the flag for us finally.
It has been dominated by rags & rats for years!

Sit back and enjoy Micah. Absolute gold when he sat there giggling at Roy Keane when we smashed them.

Nedum - different gravy (nicked that from Aguero)

CTID

Who is Micah embarrassing for. Are you seriously saying you are embarrassed for him? I suggest you don’t watch or listen to Micah if you are so sensitive. I hardly do because I’m either at the game or watching in a noisy pub,

Nedum is intelligent and articulate and he is getting more gigs as a consequence. Nedum is at a disadvantage because he was just short of being an elite player. It shouldn’t be a case of Nedum Vs Micah either.

Both lads could do with improving their analysis as I haven’t heard anything particularly insightful from either of these Blues in a while (but I don’t hear them often like I said).
TOTO,

I’m sorry my answer to the OP caused you such consternation, especially considering you openly admit you rarely see him acting as a pundit, because (backhanded swipe) you’re too busy at the game or in a noisy pub.

He embarrasses himself and looks completely out of his depth…unless that depth is how stupid and clownish can you behave on TV for a crust.

Clearly, you don’t see much of Nedum because he makes Micah look even more of a clown!

I agree, it’s not Nedum VS Micah, but if the subject is Blues as pundits, Micah has to be the worst City FOOTBALL ANALYST out there.

I readily admitted he is more suited to the puff pieces and greatly enjoyed his roadtrips with Keane and they bounce off each other really well, but that’s NOT what I would deem “punditry.”

To each their own.

Last edited:
So is Micah actually an Arsenal fan at heart then?
I feel he tries very hard not to over-do his love for City.
Like others, I like the lad (ever since his interview after scoring at Villa) but he’s not a great pundit - much better as a “personality” and definitely not an analyst. His £600 a week haircut spend revelation wasn’t a smart move but hey he’s a wealthy ex-footballer and always seems very happy with life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.