Micah Richards the pundit

He said he was bitter about the QPR title win partly due to Mancini’s treatment of him, the Cook incident etc but I’ve also heard a lot of the old boys don’t like what the club has become thinking it’s lost it’s identity but I think most clubs have too in modern football

It was impossible to be the same club and succeed at the same time so obviously it had to change.
I haven’t heard any of the old players complain about City’s growth and phenomenal success.

I haven’t heard any of the old players complain about City’s growth and phenomenal success.
It’d be a silly way to rule out a potential source of income.

I’m sure Paul Dickov is delighted that we’re now the biggest ticket in town. I bet he didn’t think that one goal in 1999 would set him up for life!

Richards is a happy chappy, I can see why he may appeal to the younger cohort. But honestly, to most mature folk he comes over like a village idiot, and without an original thought on the tactics or observation. He's simply there to tick a diversity box for all manner of broadcasters.
Sorry but this comment is nonsense.

It’d be a silly way to rule out a potential source of income.

I’m sure Paul Dickov is delighted that we’re now the biggest ticket in town. I bet he didn’t think that one goal in 1999 would set him up for life!
True and Paul Dickov really hedged his bets between City and Arsenal for tomorrow’s game, when interviewed on Talkshite. He stressed playing for both Clubs when the presenters highlighted his City roots. The players are conscious of their media careers Good luck to them.

on CBS seems fine as does carragher it is a relaxed pundit show and non partisan, anchored well by abdo who can do profession match chat and wind ups better than linekers style of snide comments

on UK telly, used as light relief or goes with the flow likenmost and sticks.to the narrative, ok when him and keane double act as both bounce off each other well.

Last edited:
Jovial, nothing wrong with that. Better than being a miserable twunt like Roy Keane.
I guess it’s all down to what you want from pundits and that could vary depending on the match. Entertainment, insight or passion.

Keane and Richards bounce off each other quite well, given that they’re the antithesis of each other.

My preference is for the Nedum type pundit, who gives great insight, without bias. That’s what I want. If others want something different, then that’s not wrong, it’s just personal preference.

I do wish they’d turn Micah’s mic down a notch or two though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.