Micah Richards the pundit

Problem is that we're used to some attempt at analysis, and expect our commentators and experts to tell us something we don't already know. Neville does this, Keane does this. Not sure what Carragher or Micah or Alan Smith do on that front...
You are on a wind up arent you.

Surely nobody actually has ever got any insight from a game from any of these so called pundits.

I love Micah but he doesn't have anywhere near the talent to be a pundit and I'm shocked that he's employed to clown about and barely make an articulate point, and doesn't actually know the basic rules of the game. Contrast with Lescott, Walcott and many others for example who have good speaking skills and provide good analysis.
He does have a bling haircut though

I don’t think he’s intentionally toeing the line or making a point to be contrarian, I just think he says what he thinks and what he thinks isn’t particularly bright.

It’s noticed more on here understandably when he’s voicing a point that’s seen as being critical of City, but he makes thick statements in praise of us too.

It doesn’t make the audience understand football any better, in fact the opposite. Hardly any pundits do that nowadays, but it seems the majority seem to like the entertainment more than listening to experts nowadays.

I can forgive Micah a little bit as he’s clearly not that bright and does still have a big soft spot for us, pundits like Carragher and Neville are intentionally disingenuous at times though and that’s a far worse behaviour to have for me.

I honestly don't think he does.

I do, I genuinely think he’s just not that bright. I’ve never seen him say anything actually that critical of us, he’s just had at times a stupid interpretation of certain events in a game. That’s fine, plenty that support us do that too!

I would say the buffoonery act is wearing off, but I don’t think it’s an act. I just think he’s easily steered in a discussion, you can see that in his interactions with pundits on screen, so god knows what the producers etc are saying his ear. He’s not terribly bright so doesn’t understand he’s being manipulated.

I actually thought the punditry on match of the day was quite good yesterday, maybe they witnessed the shambles on Sky and thought we can put these to shame here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.