Micah Richards

casualdeyna said:
Playing great at the moment, as good as any RB in the league really, still worry about his passing a bit but he really turning in to a world class full back
He put in a great first time cross for Aguero's first goal. I think he did similar in the 1st half too

Needs to keep his focus because he did lose it for a while. All credit to him for bouncing back. That must take some mental toughness to do that.

BWTAC said:
How the fuck Capello picks Glenn Johnson over Micah i'll never understand. Easily the best English right back in the Premier League.

Because Capello is a dick.

Sums it all up when he said he'll start to consider picking Bent just because he signed for a bigger club (Villa).

the_tevez_wiggle said:
For the first time ever I think Micah is classed as a key player. Dont get me wrong he still can improve a lot but last night he showed the class we all new he had before "the slump". He was ferocious in the tackle taking no prisoners those tackles hurt people and they were perfectly timed. He was colossus in the air, head and shoulders above everyone including Kompany!!! Speed, power, desire, effort and INTELLIGENCE. But what impressed me most was his assist you could see the concentration(which is his biggest weakness) to stay onside on his face, then the power, pace and acceleration to get to the byline, he then gets his head up and passes perfectly to the far post for the kun. Now previously he would of been offside or ran it out or just smashed the ball across. Like I said he still can improve but I think he is now a key player. Your thoughts please.

Excellent post. Could always defend but just to add his footwork trickery going forward and vision for passing have really improved and has added a new dimension to his game, he's also drawn a few free kicks in dangerous places going forwards too. He seems to really be enjoying his football and time off the pitch and this is also helping him learn. Now's the time to let him watch Didi Hamann drawing free kicks so it looks more convincing.

When there were calls on here for players to up their game Micah must have been reading and took note, he must've realised were going places now and average performances will see him on the bench or replaced (media will want him replaced because we have no big money right back on the books), plus he's 1 of ours so theres abit more pride in seeing him doing well and having a good game, see him put in a strong challenge just has me saying 'Thats from Manchester'.

Bovril said:
BWTAC said:
How the fuck Capello picks Glenn Johnson over Micah i'll never understand. Easily the best English right back in the Premier League.[I

I was just gonna post the same thing....to me Johnson is the worse defender to wear the England shirt ever, should have been shot for treason last year !!!! Micah will make that shirt his own very soon !!!!

Only once we get rid of Capello because Johnson is proper rubbish.

the_tevez_wiggle said:
For the first time ever I think Micah is classed as a key player. Dont get me wrong he still can improve a lot but last night he showed the class we all new he had before "the slump". He was ferocious in the tackle taking no prisoners those tackles hurt people and they were perfectly timed. He was colossus in the air, head and shoulders above everyone including Kompany!!! Speed, power, desire, effort and INTELLIGENCE. But what impressed me most was his assist you could see the concentration(which is his biggest weakness) to stay onside on his face, then the power, pace and acceleration to get to the byline, he then gets his head up and passes perfectly to the far post for the kun. Now previously he would of been offside or ran it out or just smashed the ball across. Like I said he still can improve but I think he is now a key player. Your thoughts please.

Always been a fan and has now developed into a top Premier League player. I'm glad he was giving his chance and we didn't go out and simply spend silly money on some foreign player.

It looks more like Kyle Walekr is being groomed as England's next right back, rather than Richards.

In the next few seasons, Richards will (hopefully) be a regular in a team challenging for the Premiership title and playing in the Champion's League. That will surely be an even bigger reason for Capello and his successor to have Richards as England's number 2.

Big G said:
When there were calls on here for players to up their game Micah must have been reading and took note, he must've realised were going places now and average performances will see him on the bench or replaced (media will want him replaced because we have no big money right back on the books), plus he's 1 of ours so theres abit more pride in seeing him doing well and having a good game, see him put in a strong challenge just has me saying 'Thats from Manchester'.

well.... birmingham, but i get your point ;)

the lad is a class act, really proving to be the player we expected. doesn't look out of place playing with the likes of sliva and aguero.

ban-mcfc said:
Big G said:

well.... birmingham, but i get your point ;)

He learnt to tackle in Manchester ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.