Micah Richards

Don't think he was as bad as many are making out. Looked rusty first half, improved second. He obviously needs games, but Zaba is, at the moment, light years ahead of him, so he won't get those games.

quiet_riot said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Both goals, including the penalty were down to him, Demichelis, having to come over and make a stupid challenge in the right back slot.

Can you put this in the Demicheles thread as well please, people don't seem to realise that Micah's inability to defend lead to 2 goals, and instead blame Mr. Scapegoat.

Tolmies hair do be fair pal !

Centre halfs get dragged into the area full backs traditionally look after all the time, especially the way we play, if an attack of ours breaks down and the opposition counter it would be near immpossible for the full back to be back in position to defend against the counter attack.

So who's fault is the first goal ??

some on here are saying in the first half he wasnt pushing up enough and others are saying he should be defending more - the lad cant do both- the emphasis will be on one more than the other-and to be fair he's not match fit yet and we wasnt playing barcelona, we was playing Wigan, there was enough strength in that side yday and on the bench to have won that game.

Should Micah be as deep as the centre half ? No

Should Micah be looking after the centre forward ? I dont think so

Did Micah get turned inside out by the centre forward ? No

Did Micah clumsily try to nick the ball off thr strikers toe in the penalty area and catch him,giving away a penalty ?No

The answer to all the above are MD, so whos. fault is the first goal ?

Fuck me !! Be fair

Lets look at it this way. Richards or MD who would you want to stay at the club. Long term its Richards would try him as a center back as there is always a chance that Richards can get stronger as a center back him and Vinny as a back 2 could be good both strong in the air. Both quickish might be a thing to look at in the pre season if not now. IF we loose 2 games in the league this season from now to the end of the season we might not catch Chelsea. So is it a case of give Richards a run beside Kompany a chance to play center back might do him the world of good. Cant keep going with MD and Kompany rather have Lescott or Richards there instead or Nasty if he gets fit.

was terrible and has been every chance hes got at fullback, so we either sell or give him one more chance at cb and if that doesnt work just ship out , we all know hes blue through and through but so was swp and we have to put the club first

Lavinda Past said:
Micah looked better when Milner came on but he's just not good enough for where we want to be.

Time to face the facts. He's had his day and it's time to move him on while we can still get money for him.

was a quote that we'd get £25,000,000 two seasons back what do reckon now?

skybluepete said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
He actually tried to hide today, which is the saddest part of his performance.

Micah doesn't know of he's coming or going, ran continually into Navas' space and was generally ten feet away from the man he was supposed to be picking up.

Pellegrini, time and again, came to the touchline in that first half to tell him to move up.

Both goals, including the penalty were down to him, Demichelis, having to come over and make a stupid challenge in the right back slot.

Him and Clichy, horrible, just horrible.

Both are poor and should be fucked off as soon as possible. Some clown gave clichy a new contract though. Christ knows why.

Iv got to disagree , i was watching these conversations quite closely , Micah wanted to push on in the first and that looked like the plan but Wigan left two up and clichy was pushed up most of the time, MD was then or seemed to be a bit panicky about having to actually mark a Wigan player , he was pulling Micah in so he could go spare.
Ok , i understand the logic but we don't play like this against top flight teams, let alone wigan(no disrespect)- both our full backs are normally pushing on, this gives us our width and combination play down the flanks, so there was confusion in the first half but as iv already said, play vinnie and there's no confusion- he would mark and defend allowing Micah to carry out the game plan.

How was the first goal micahs fault , it was a centre forward who absolutely turned MD inside out and yet again instead of just tracking him and force a mistake tried to get something on the ball and coaught the player - penalty !!
Its getting boring having to explain week in week out why and what is MD's fault.
I dont think there was even that much for the kid to pass to as he was running towards goal, i think we would have dealt with it.

The second goal, MD never recovered his position , was still outside of Micah .
Crosses get past full backs all the time , do we condemn zab if a cross comes in - NO !
If he'd have dived in and stopped the cross but caught the man and give a penalty away he would have been absolutely crucified by some of you lot on here, its plainly obvious some of you want him to fail.
If we swapped just zab for Micah today would we have won the game - i dont think so somehow .

However, if we swapped Vinnie for MDM?
Would that have had an effect?
I reckon 99% of people on here would say a resounding YES to that one.

quiet_riot said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Can you put this in the Demicheles thread as well please, people don't seem to realise that Micah's inability to defend lead to 2 goals, and instead blame Mr. Scapegoat.
Part of a centre halves job is to cover for full backs if they've strayed out of position. Also to communicate to full backs if they've strayed out of position.

As far as I'm concerned, he has stood still since he won his England caps. He was brilliant with SWP with Shauny covering for him when he went forward, or Duninho would move over to cover for him. The reason he played better when Milner came on for Navas is the covering factor. For me though, his distribution is still pretty poor, his positional sense is still questionable and it seems these days that he legs it up the wing, does a swan dive, then jogs back up the pitch...I can't believe that a succession of managers haven't been able to sort him out, so it's not just him to blame...great for the squad, but is that enough these days?? As someone said earlier in the thread, an athlete who became a footballer. The most damning thing to say about this is that if Johnson and Walker are the best that England have got, then it doesn't say a lot for him does it?? He could and should have become England's answer to the right back position for years, but just hasn't kicked on and is still living on past glories...a very, very sad story...tragic even...just telling it like it seems to me, so feel free to shoot me down in flames...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.