Micah Richards

johnbmcr said:
Lavinda Past said:
Micah looked better when Milner came on but he's just not good enough for where we want to be.

Time to face the facts. He's had his day and it's time to move him on while we can still get money for him.

was a quote that we'd get £25,000,000 two seasons back what do reckon now?

Knock a zero off and that will be a bit closer with one season left.

His worst attribute is his positioning, just watching him get caught out time and time again. Wigan crossed ball to far post yesterday and Micah absolutely nowhere to be seen. Same again Wigan coming down his side. His fitness is shocking too.

Sadly he needs to go, for benefit of him and club.

leighton said:
Lets look at it this way. Richards or MD who would you want to stay at the club. Long term its Richards would try him as a center back as there is always a chance that Richards can get stronger as a center back him and Vinny as a back 2 could be good both strong in the air. Both quickish might be a thing to look at in the pre season if not now. IF we loose 2 games in the league this season from now to the end of the season we might not catch Chelsea. So is it a case of give Richards a run beside Kompany a chance to play center back might do him the world of good. Cant keep going with MD and Kompany rather have Lescott or Richards there instead or Nasty if he gets fit.

The reason this won't happen is the same reason Lescott doesn't get a look in.

Neither of them are comfortable on the ball, both shake like a shitting dog as soon as they get it.

Unfortunately for these two, one of the main areas of football is what you do with the ball while it's at your feet.

chris85mcfc said:
leighton said:
Lets look at it this way. Richards or MD who would you want to stay at the club. Long term its Richards would try him as a center back as there is always a chance that Richards can get stronger as a center back him and Vinny as a back 2 could be good both strong in the air. Both quickish might be a thing to look at in the pre season if not now. IF we loose 2 games in the league this season from now to the end of the season we might not catch Chelsea. So is it a case of give Richards a run beside Kompany a chance to play center back might do him the world of good. Cant keep going with MD and Kompany rather have Lescott or Richards there instead or Nasty if he gets fit.

The reason this won't happen is the same reason Lescott doesn't get a look in.

Neither of them are comfortable on the ball, both shake like a shitting dog as soon as they get it.

Unfortunately for these two, one of the main areas of football is what you do with the ball while it's at your feet.

Think people need to come to realisation Micah isnt good enough. Hate to say it cause hes a City lad and been with us yrs, but hes just not good enough now.

Micah is good enough. just needs to get back to full fitness and confidence. Doesnt help with you lot getting on his back. Support the lad, he is a blue.

I watched in dismay yesterday as Micah has the exact same stance as that other shit face from Chelsea,David Luiz,fooking both hands behind his back when the ball came in for the second.
Now,its fooking years since I last played a bit of footie,but I can tell you,that if your arms are being your back you will immediately lose your balance thus making it near impossible to move your feet.Fuck knows why these footballers do this as if the arms are behind your back there is equally as much chance of someone scoring,as it is for a penalty being given.
I know you aint going to agree with me on another issue that lead to the goal,but I also place some blame on Pants.
With arms outstretched he must have a near eight foot frame.Look how far the ball was away from him as he stood rooted to his line.Sorry Pants but you should have at least made an attempt to smother the ball as it came across,as it was hardly travelling at a great speed.

Richards has always been more of a "sportsman" than a "footballer", in that he's a physically fit individual with strength and pace but whose technical prowess is somewhat limited. That's really not good enough for where we need to be now as a club, when Zabaleta is rested and Richards is given a game you always feel we're going to be lacking something on the right hand side. Zaba's 29 I think now, so in 2 to 3 years time he'll start to decline as a footballer (think Evra), Richards is simply not the answer when it comes to his replacement.

Captain Oats said:
Micah is good enough. just needs to get back to full fitness and confidence. Doesnt help with you lot getting on his back. Support the lad, he is a blue.

If you believe he's good enough then all power to you....

Personally I don't and he never will be, not in a 'football playing' 'ball to feet' team, touch is everything at the highest level, unfortunately the style we play exposes it ten fold when it isn't up to scratch, when you have 2/3 in that same team you have problems....

He's also wanted out for over 18 month, he's merely ran his contract down to a position of power!

oakiecokie said:
I watched in dismay yesterday as Micah has the exact same stance as that other shit face from Chelsea,David Luiz,fooking both hands behind his back when the ball came in for the second.
Now,its fooking years since I last played a bit of footie,but I can tell you,that if your arms are being your back you will immediately lose your balance thus making it near impossible to move your feet.Fuck knows why these footballers do this as if the arms are behind your back there is equally as much chance of someone scoring,as it is for a penalty being given.
I know you aint going to agree with me on another issue that lead to the goal,but I also place some blame on Pants.
With arms outstretched he must have a near eight foot frame.Look how far the ball was away from him as he stood rooted to his line.Sorry Pants but you should have at least made an attempt to smother the ball as it came across,as it was hardly travelling at a great speed.

I've noticed he has started doing that since he gave that penalty away at Anfield the other year when Dowd gave the penalty against him for throwing himself at the ball to block it and Dowd gave handball.

Don't think it was a penalty myself but seems he's become paranoid about giving penalties away.

Totally agree with you tho, he's not clever enough to mess about doing things like that he should just be concentrating on stopping the cross.

Looks leggy, poor on the ball, never had the footballing brain to defend or make the right runs. More hustle than anything else. Throws himself into tackles to show that he's 'one of us' but usually ends up being out for up to a month due to said tackle.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Captain Oats said:

If you believe he's good enough then all power to you....

Personally I don't and he never will be, not in a 'football playing' 'ball to feet' team, touch is everything at the highest level, unfortunately the style we play exposes it ten fold when it isn't up to scratch, when you have 2/3 in that same team you have problems....

He's also wanted out for over 18 month, he's merely ran his contract down to a position of power!

This information came from the club did it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.