Micah Richards

skybluepete said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Given our International quality,he's probably still good enough for that role.

Granted what we have in that position aint great, but Micah is certainly not England quality any longer.....

But smalling and jones are !! Having a laugh

Nope they are not either......doesn't mean Micah is cos he clearly isn't!

Smalling and Jones are no inferior when it comes to quality,it saddens me to admit,however,in Smalling's case particularly,he is far more reliable than our crock.

I know who would be more useful to us in this title run in.

FantasyIreland said:
Smalling and Jones are no inferior when it comes to quality,it saddens me to admit,however,in Smalling's case particularly,he is far more reliable than our crock.

Maybe we should have signed him or put a bid in for him in the summer !

skybluepete said:
FantasyIreland said:

Maybe we should have signed him or put a bid in for him in the summer !

Don't be a silly billy,he isn't good enough,but that wasn't my point.

mansour's tow ropes said:
jerseyblue said:
ForzaMancini said:
You're underestimating his ability, plus the fact he is English. Won't be surprised to see him end up at Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal. Saying that, I also have to agree in that I wouldn't be surprised if he does have to go to a team like Newcastle or Sunderland (no disrespect to them)

The English factor is huge...I'm a little lazy to read up on the rules, but the home-grown + English combination makes him more valuable to us than anyone else, wish he could stay healthy.

Anyone know how close we are to the requirements for English players in the squad? I imagine if you take away lescott and micah, then we would be at or below the number...

real problem potentially on the cards as far as this goes, I think Micah, Lescott, Barry, Rodwell, Boyata and Sinclair will all leave in the summer, and probably Guidetti too. Clichy could also leave, and the way Milner has been treated it wouldn't surprise me if he wanted regular football.

Does this show a lack of foresight on the club's part? Can see us being held to ransom this summer over home grown players the way things are looking. For the record, which of our EDS players would count? Emyr Huws I guess? Would we be allowed to register him as one of the 8 homegrown, and then loan him for the season or not? It would be a shame if he was forced to stay and play in the EDS rather than get more experience because we were short on HG players!

As of the 2010–11 season, the Premier League introduced new rules mandating that each club must register a maximum 25-man squad of players aged over 21, with the squad list only allowed to be changed in transfer windows or in exceptional circumstances. This was to enable the 'home grown' rule to be enacted, whereby the League would also from 2010 require at least 8 of the named 25 man squad to be made up of 'home-grown players', defined as a player who irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to The Football Association or the Welsh Football Association for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21)

So EDS players being u21 don't count in the 25 / 8

According to Micah's Twatter, Koscielny has been the best Centre Back this season.

His Arsenal supporting roots resurface.

Kun Aguero said:
cookster said:
According to Micah's Twatter, Koscielny has been the best Centre Back this season.

It's his view, hard to argue. Stop playing the outraged card.

+1

We do have a weird homegrown problem developing wherein we can't really ship them all off, but at the same time most ain't of the quality required. Richards is sadly looking increasingly close to the door.

Kun Aguero said:
cookster said:

It's his view, hard to argue. Stop playing the outraged card.

Outrage? He's been linked to Arsenal a few time's this season and is a fan.

It's clear he won't sign a new deal until we offer him more money - what has he done to deserve an improved contract, the guys regressed.

I still think Micah Richards can have a part to play at City and hope he will stay.

Recall that up until the last 6-7 games of the League Title season in 2011-2012 he was, in the main, first choice right back before Zabaleta, then got injured and with Pablo playing so well never really got his place back (did make a vital block away at Newcastle if you recall, before Yayas' second goal)

Since then injury playing for GB at Olympics, injury on comeback v Swansea, injury v Bayern Munich and recent injury have meant her has never really played many games. I still think he could be a good centre half partner for Vincent Kompany, and\or again if we go far in the cups and CL next year he could be needed as backup for Pablo. Even in a 38 game league season alone do not see why he could not play at least a dozen - 15 League games in place of Zabaleta when needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.