Micah Richards

Mad_fer_it said:
Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
So now Jovetic has played Bluemoon needs a new scapegoat. He's just coming back, nowhere near full fitness or his best form yet, but some want him gone. Fucking ridiculous, when will people learn we need to back our players not pointlessly slag them off whenever possible.

Micah is home grown, not just English but club as well, he'd take a lot of money to replace and is blue through and through. Cant think of a better back up right back in England.

Finally someone who's actually thought about what they've said. How can you expect him to be back to his best after a long injury lay off? Micah is still a top player, he just needs to be fit consistently. I'll be the first to admit he was crap today but then again so was Rodwell....oh ye and he's also been injured. Remember that game he had against Norwich at home on the last day of the season...Ok we lost but he was brilliant for us then. They're both just made of glass. That is the ONLY thing holding them back. However this is a big problem for them both and if they can't sort it out then eventually and unfortunately so, they might get the chop.

Agree but does he want to be back up? If you are injury prone you may want to play for a club that then you are fit you are first choice.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Jimfv1 said:
He was improving all the time in the title winning season, but he got injured and has niggles for the last 18 months ever since. I'd love him to get back to where he was and become the best right back in England. Unfortunately I think the club will sign a replacement for him this summer. His lack of fitness and continuous injuries have hampered his time with our coaching team and he isn't improving but earning a big wage and not contributing. The fact he was replaced with Rodwell probably means both are having an eye kept on them by all the coaching staff. If they can show improvement and are capable of getting their fitness back then there is a slight chance both can be offered contract extensions but I believe it will be on City's terms and both may be asked to take reduced wages until they can prove their fitness. This may mean both could receive better offers from other clubs and then ask to leave, I presume Txiki and Pellers would already have possible replacements lined up.

Rodwell still has 3 yrs on his!

Yeah, we'd probably get a bit more cash for him than we would for Richards. If both could stay fit AND regain form then we'd save a fortune but these two could be the last of the crocks we have on our books.

Jimfv1 said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Jimfv1 said:
He was improving all the time in the title winning season, but he got injured and has niggles for the last 18 months ever since. I'd love him to get back to where he was and become the best right back in England. Unfortunately I think the club will sign a replacement for him this summer. His lack of fitness and continuous injuries have hampered his time with our coaching team and he isn't improving but earning a big wage and not contributing. The fact he was replaced with Rodwell probably means both are having an eye kept on them by all the coaching staff. If they can show improvement and are capable of getting their fitness back then there is a slight chance both can be offered contract extensions but I believe it will be on City's terms and both may be asked to take reduced wages until they can prove their fitness. This may mean both could receive better offers from other clubs and then ask to leave, I presume Txiki and Pellers would already have possible replacements lined up.

Rodwell still has 3 yrs on his!

Yeah, we'd probably get a bit more cash for him than we would for Richards. If both could stay fit AND regain form then we'd save a fortune but these two could be the last of the crocks we have on our books.

I'm not sure anyone with any sense would pay any money at the moment for either for the simple reason you may not get any value due to injuries. Micah if he carries on with these injuries might have to accept a short term contract offer from any team never mind us. I think his days of negotiating 5 yr deals are over.

Blue Maverick said:
To me he looks top heavy again, to many weights maybe, also he seems to fall over far too much, I think we've see the best of him and maybe it's time to move him on at the end of the season

Didn't realise you brought your anthropology kit with you today and accurately sized him up while he was running around. He looks more top heavy? Honestly he looks no different to how he was at the start of the season or even last year. I've seen him at the place i work 3 times this year. Once just after pre season, once before the Plzen game and once just after Xmas. He's is NO bigger at all. Believe me it's part of my job to keep an eye on athletes that are putting on weight. He looked sluggish because he hasn't played as much football recently. It's called training - if you don't use it, you lose it. Simple as. It has nothing to do with him doing weights. As well as that they have S&C pros with them all the time, do you think they're that dumb and incompetent that they'd just let him loose so he can do beach weights?

The constant injuries are really holding Micah back. Also since Zabba is so good Micah can't get a run of games. I think Pellegrini made a mistake earlier in the season in not playing Micah at CB when he was fit and VK injured. Instead he played Javi Garcia. A final point is we are fighting for 4 trophies for the first time in our history. It would I am sure be helpful to the team for the fans to look for positivity instead of negativity. Every player in the squad needs our support

Bluebee2 said:
He was well out of the game today and is a big worry as I think we have seen the best of him. A serious question :- who would you rather have in your squad as cover/backup call it what you will, Micah Richards or Phil Jones ?

As much as I don't think Jones is that great, I'd pick Jones as when he's fit he can cover right back, centre back and defensive midfield. It pains me to say it but I'd try and cash in on Micah whilst he be a blue and homegrown he's a perma crock. Shame.

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
kippaxchris said:
Zabaleta > Boyata > Richards, for the rest of the season!

Ridiculous post

What is ridiculous about saying a player who we can get on the pitch regularly should play over a player who is constantly injured and can't be bothered to track back when he gets his chance?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.