Michael Johnson.....

Quicksilva21 said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
As a club we've moved on from him which is unfortunate for him. I don't wish the lad ill at all (fortunately he didn't kill anyone whilst drink driving x 2), but I'm sure when he's 50+ he'll look back on his life and think "What if"?

Nobody to blame but himself, so when his contract runs out he moves onto Yates Wine Lodge instead of Weatherspoons and we move on by not renewing his contract. It really is that simple!!

Any idea when that is? Ahh 2014 I see.. damn - he'd be hated more if we didn't have a bottomless pit of $$...

It's pounds (££££) over here bud....I don't hate him, far from it. I wish he could do a "Rocky" and prove everyone wrong. Micah's performance against Sunderland was exceptional for his first game back. He looks a £20m+ player. Michael Johnson could be that player but it won't be handed to him on a plate. As others have said he needs to turn his lifestyle around work hard and see were that puts him.

Quicksilva21 said:
As a club we've moved on from him which is unfortunate for him. I don't wish the lad ill at all (fortunately he didn't kill anyone whilst drink driving x 2), but I'm sure when he's 50+ he'll look back on his life and think "What if"?

Nobody to blame but himself, so when his contract runs out he moves onto Yates Wine Lodge instead of Weatherspoons and we move on by not renewing his contract. It really is that simple!!

Any idea when that is? Ahh 2014 I see.. damn - he'd be hated more if we didn't have a bottomless pit of $$...

It's pounds (££££) over here bud....I don't hate him, far from it. I wish he could do a "Rocky" and prove everyone wrong. Micah's performance against Sunderland was exceptional for his first game back. He looks a £20m+ player. Michael Johnson could be that player but it won't be handed to him on a plate. As others have said he needs to turn his lifestyle around work hard and see were that puts him.

Would be good to see....

Was just meaning if we hadn't evolved into the team we are, there'd be a lot more people asking where he was and what's going on with him, as at age 24 we'd be expecting to be one of our best players, rather than a forgotten man...

Quicksilva21 said:
Quicksilva21 said:

Would be good to see....

Was just meaning if we hadn't evolved into the team we are there'd be a lot more people asking where he was and what's going on with him as at age 24 we'd be expecting to be one of our best players rather than a forgotten man...

To be honest there's only City fans know he exists I think. I've not seen his name mentioned in the media since the summer pre-season tour of the USA in 2011. It will be a crying shame and a wasted talent if the lad just drops off the end of the world, which is were he's heading!!

Utterly tragic.

MJ had it all, just like Lake.

Here was the complete player who, only a few years ago, Liverpool tried to buy from us, repeatedly, for 7m (a lot then). The next Gerrard was how they and me saw him. Without doubt would have been a 1st name on the sheet England regular by now.

Blighted by an injury, I think its easy to sit in judgement and adopt a holier-than-tho attitude (normally pedaled by those in 'glass houses') when this lad had the world at his feet and its been taken from him...................

Very sad.

de niro said:
I just see it as a great shame, the boy had the lot. Whatever caused the destruction of his career is beyond thinking about.
it's not over yet - he's only 23

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Match-reports/2011/January/City-EDS-v-Rochdale-reserves" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Match-report ... e-reserves</a>

Quicksilva21 said:

I see he's signed till 2014.. damn - he'd be hated more if we didn't have a bottomless pit of $$...

Exactly, if we were in the position we were in 2008 he'd be draining a dangerous amount of cash from us. We are lucky we can now afford to tolerate him on the books.

marshall92 said:
Quicksilva21 said:

I see he's signed till 2014.. damn - he'd be hated more if we didn't have a bottomless pit of $$...

Exactly, if we were in the position we were in 2008 he'd be draining a dangerous amount of cash from us. We are lucky we can now afford to tolerate him on the books.

Not really. We need to get him off the books for FFP. Nor is it good for him or he Club to be hanging around. I cannot see a future for him at City. He is in limbo. His situation needs sorting permanently and not by another patch up loan fix.

Quicksilva21 said:

Thankfully he isn't signed until 2014 - his contract is up at the end of the season (<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/club-news/2008/september/johnson-signs-five-year-contract" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/club-news/20 ... r-contract</a>), which at least means both the Club and the player can move on from this sorry episode sooner rather than later.

It will do both parties good to end the association - Johnson might actually grow up when he has to face up to the reality of life outside the cushion of his ridiculous contract at City, and we won't have to sit back knowing we're subsidising his descent for any longer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.