Michael Johnson.....

Eccles Blue said:
A quote from our boss, and I totally agree with him:

"Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has expressed his sympathy for former City midfielder Michael Johnson. Johnson was released by the club in December and has since revealed he has been receiving treatment for mental illness. Mancini said: "Michael Johnson was a guy with a big talent and I am sad for this, sad for him. He could do everything with his talent. I am very sorry for him. I hope he can resolve all his problems."

25 is a young age you can turn your life around very easily and become whoever you want at that age.

Eccles Blue said:
Yes didactic and I think that is what the boss is saying.

She agrees
tumblr_mdrl3h8Ihz1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Hello everyone,

Chelsea fan. I registered to add my own best wishes to all of your comments about Michael.

When he first came to my attention with that goal and all round storming performance against Derby I remember thinking wow, Colin Bell! For football fans of my generation there really can't be much which is more likely to get your attention than realising that a player reminds you of the great Mr. Bell. What a heartbreak for Michael that fate took away his opportunity to light up the Etihad in the way that Bell graced Maine Road.

Who knows if MJ could have lived up to that near impossibly high comparison but the brief glimpse we all had of his quality was enough for us all to believe that he would have had a chance. What a bitter blow he's suffered, what a talent we've all been robbed of.

I know some of you would say that he wasted his talent and threw away the opportunity he was given but I don't want to believe that City would have worked so hard to help him if they didn't think he was worth it. With the news that Mancini has confirmed I prefer to have some sympathy for the bloke and wish him all the very, very best for his future.

Currently watching City v Fulham 2008 on Premier League TV, such a composed performance from a young lad, such a shame it all went wrong, hope he can turn it around and i wish him best of luck.

makes me laugh with all of the 'i would give my left arm to be in his job'

quite alot of pro footballers hate football, and its a mean to an end for some.

johnno fell out of love with football years ago, and anybody being in a job that you hate should sympathise with him...money doesnt come into it

I'm not interested in the off field stuff, bottom line is the lad had a real talent and we have missed out on seeing it develop.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Fuck, I miss the transfer forum :(

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhhYOMRO2Vc[/youtube]

Not this one you don't. Nothing to see here till summer i'm afraid mate.

I genuinely feel for Michael and wish him all the best.
Clearly it must be difficult for him and he must now rebuild his life. It is a shame that such potential has been lost. I hope he has been wise with the money he has earned during his short-lived career. As a Manchester City fan and season ticket holder, it would be nice to think that the club have done and will continue to support him. I fear this may not be the case.

Back in May 2012, I actually won the “Train with your hero’s” competition at City. Whilst there I ruptured my Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL). After hobbling off the pitch (no stretcher, oxygen, etc. like the pro’s) and having my photo taken with Roberto Mancini, I was shuffled out the door of Carrington and made my own way to the hospital. After friendly contact and offers of “anything they could do to help”, I am now non-existent to them. What they actually ended up doing for me equates to the square root of nothing. Unfortunately for me, I didn’t have a contract that they had to pay up and I live with the fact that it was an unfortunate accident which spoilt my day and has adversely affected a year of my life.

As a result, I lost my job as an Ecologist, was unable to work most of the year and endured a six month wait on the NHS for the surgery. I am now 28 years old, unemployed and currently living back at my parents whilst I continue my recovery, having finally had the surgery at the end of November.

C’est la vie.

My point, rather than an unintentional moan - In the past week we have seen a lauded sportsman admit to cheating and be duly punished and humbled, we also saw a footballer admit to cheating and it’s organisation ‘take no action’. Along with this story and my own, we yet again question why we love “the beautiful game”….but what a beautiful game it is!

I can’t wait to be back on the park having a kick-about with my mates and back at the Etihad watching City.
I hope Michael Johnson finds the same desire and motivation to get back on his feet!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.