Michael Robinson RIP

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Ric, 28 Apr 2020.

1. DontLookBackInAnger

DontLookBackInAnger

When Big Mal ripped apart the team he was one of the main players that was illustrated to Big Mal's folly in doing so(having spent by then a huge amount on a player who had never played in the top tier, I would guess that £750,000 was the most Preston received for a player for a VERY long time). The fact that very quickly and as his career progressed after leaving City that connection was no longer made shows that he was a pretty good player RIP....

2. citymantop

citymantop

Had cancer but another one sadly claimed by Covid...RIP Michael

3. Mancity1980

Mancity1980

That season was my first as a city supporter, all my mates were asking who do you support (as far as I remember the choice was city, United, Liverpool or Everton - no other teams was ever mentioned), so I asked my dad and the rest is history.

I started my first panini football sticker album and got to learn the players that way and I remember getting the sticker for Michael Robinson. I also remember being annoyed a year when the Liverpool bought him. RIP Michael Robinson.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Centurions

Centurions

To be fair he won his only domestic honours that one season with Liverpool*, the 1st division, the League Cup and the European Cup.

I'd have sworn blind he played more than the one season for us though. RIP.

5. meeesh

meeesh

Bloody hell,that is sad news RIP Michael

6. blue by birth

blue by birth

That's awful news..I remember everyone singing the " here's to you Michael Robinson" song after he scored against the rags
    R.I.P Michael..

Gary James and Golden Silva like this.
  7. WEMBLEY76

WEMBLEY76

RIP thoughts with his family at this time.Good player for City,wholehearted and not short of goals,taken too young.

8. Blue Feather

Blue Feather

RIP Michael

9. TheRemainsOfTheDave

TheRemainsOfTheDave

How very sad. I always knew him as Mick Robinson, maybe it was just me. I remember he arrived with a lot of weight on his shoulders with that transfer fee at only 21 but Steve McKenzie who signed around the same time settled better probably because he was younger and not in that key striker role.

RIP Michael.

10. chesterbells

chesterbells

This is sad to read indeed. Really liked him as a player, wasn’t the most skilled I’ve ever seen but never gave less than 100%, and when I’ve seen /heard him speak in the years since always came across really well and as a truly decent bloke. So, so sad.