micheal johnson

norfstander said:
Obviously Michael Johnson's health and career prospects are important. I care about them a great deal, doesn't mean i'm going to go accusing the lad of being a drunk. Surely you can see why such telltale gossip doesn't help. Him being spotted in a couple of pubs leads to rumour, and within a year most fans of other clubs take it as gospel that he's either an alcoholic or secretly banned. It's ridiculous, and doesn't help. Suggesting that not fueling silly rumours means people don't care is retarded. Until someone tells me otherwise for fact that he's suffering anything more than a serious injury than that's what i'll believe. You believe what you want, but we have a responsibility as supporters to not deal in idle gossip about such serious matters. It's not a transfer rumour, if the club line is right then we're at best dealing with an exceptional young footballer and one of our best players possibly facing the end of his career. If the silly gossip's true than we owe the lad even more support, and the start of that is not taking such stupid and completely unproven rumours to heart.

With respect, it's a bit more than Micheal being 'spotted in a couple of pubs'. Look at the pictures.

We are discussing a rumour which is already rife. What should we do? Pretend we know nothing about it?

I understand your sentiment,but you're being a bit naive in my opinion.

saw micheal tonight for the first time tonight at a indian place in manchester called east is east, yes he did have a drink but that is perfectly ok looked like he had been there for a while, but was completly sobre, he now has a shaved head(very very short) and statements about him being fat are laughable, he just looked average, with a bit of training thie lil bit of supposed fat will be gone. have hope.

Yeh, he doesn't look fat, his shoulders just look alot broader. Would love this lad to succeed as a Man City legend, he owes the club sooo much, he owes himself sooo much and needs to look at Stephen Ireland as an example of what could be achieved with alot of hard work.

He has great talent, his movement, passing and vision was superb for a 19 year old (at the time). He looked half brazilian with his passing range and creativity. Him and Elano were superb in the middle. I think he really can make it at City, even with these players on the verge of coming, or more midfielders coming, i think he can step up with hard work and i think he can make it as a real top footballer. He defo has the potential.

Good luck Johnno.

citizens_1976 said:
Yeh, he doesn't look fat, his shoulders just look alot broader. Would love this lad to succeed as a Man City legend, he owes the club sooo much, he owes himself sooo much and needs to look at Stephen Ireland as an example of what could be achieved with alot of hard work.

He has great talent, his movement, passing and vision was superb for a 19 year old (at the time). He looked half brazilian with his passing range and creativity. Him and Elano were superb in the middle. I think he really can make it at City, even with these players on the verge of coming, or more midfielders coming, i think he can step up with hard work and i think he can make it as a real top footballer. He defo has the potential.

Good luck Johnno.

Totally agree.

Lets hope he can turn it around. He could be awesome.

mammutly said:
With respect, it's a bit more than Micheal being 'spotted in a couple of pubs'. Look at the pictures.

Is it, though, really?
- How many times have you yourself spotted him drunk in a pub or club?
- Are there any photos to suggest there are problems in this respect?
- Are there any trusted sources to indicate there are?

Your above statement seems to be jumping the gun somewhat, basically saying that him looking a little heavier proves he's been on the booze too much, which is obviously completely ridiculous. The boy's been unable to train properly for nine months. If you did that you'd put on at least a stone in weight. He's one of ours, c'mon, have a bit of respect for the lad.

Players get better with playing with better players. Johnson looked brilliant under Sven and looked a class apart from alot of our players in that team, and let's not forget he was a young lad with alot to learn in the game.

With class players, Johnson could be immense and i fully expect Ireland to be even better next season :)

norfstander said:
wayne71 said:
Is it possible to become an alcoholic in a year? I mean being addicted to drink and abusing it are two different things.

I think fans should know better than to discuss the likes of this online, something that no-one has any evidence of whatsoever. I'm not for censorship or anything, but it's idle gossip that can do no good whatsoever.

I didnt mention Mj in my post, if anything its questioning the fact that its even possible to become an alcoholic in such a short space of time.

TaylorWill07 said:
saw micheal tonight for the first time tonight at a indian place in manchester called east is east, yes he did have a drink but that is perfectly ok looked like he had been there for a while, but was completly sobre, he now has a shaved head(very very short) and statements about him being fat are laughable, he just looked average, with a bit of training thie lil bit of supposed fat will be gone. have hope.

i75wkp.jpg

Chin chin.

Goater666 said:
TaylorWill07 said:

i75wkp.jpg

Chin chin.
The sad part is you actually thought about doing something like that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.