Middle East Conflict (merged) | Iran launch missile attack after Israel invade Lebanon

Bullshit flag thrown. Again.
You obviously have a high opinion of your country, a place where in many parts of the country black people were routinely treated as second class citizens. A place where fundamentalist Christians have way to much to say for themselves. A country that massacred the native American population. A country that waged war in Vietnam, overthrew the government of Chile. I won't go on.
Forgive me if I find your narrative of world events unreliable.

You obviously have a high opinion of your country, a place where in many parts of the country black people were routinely treated as second class citizens. A place where fundamentalist Christians have way to much to say for themselves. A country that massacred the native American population. A country that waged war in Vietnam, overthrew the government of Chile. I won't go on.
Forgive me if I find your narrative of world events unreliable.
As an U.S. immigrant raised and educated in England, and then gaining further education and multiple degrees in America, and traveling the world for a living, I feel like I have a fairly good sense of America viewed from Europe and vice versa…and the global view of both.

There are definitely stereotypical narratives, but one hopes to avoid them in a 1,600+ page forum of intelligent people with a global worldview.

However, it is amusing to sit and read about the horrors of America, whilst sitting in a country that help create the racism of which you speak, created the religious freedoms, and massacred an Empire! I won’t go on! :-)

As for the reliability of narratives of world events, please take all the time you need look around and figure it out for yourself…as we all should.

I have an opinion. You have an opinion. You besmirch my opinions because I live in America now and don’t see America as one of the bad guys in this conflict. I’ll rest on that opinion.

You seem to see things differently, but it might bolster your own argument, and my lack of reliability, by annunciating something more substantive than your distaste of the short history of the country in which I now reside and seemingly forgetting the long and “storied” history of our county of birth.

Maybe not.

Last edited:
As an U.S. immigrant raised and educated in England, and then gaining further education and multiple degrees in America, and traveling the world for a living, I feel like I have a fairly good sense of America viewed from Europe and vice versa…and the global view of both.

There are definitely stereotypical narratives, but one hopes to avoid them in a 1,600+ page forum of intelligent people with a global worldview.

However, it is amusing to sit and read about the horrors of America, whilst sitting in a country that help create the racism of which you speak, created the religious freedoms, and massacred an Empire! I won’t go on! :-)

As for the reliability of narratives of world events, please take all the time you need look around and figure it out for yourself…as we all should.

I have an opinion. You have an opinion. You besmirch my opinions because I live in America now and don’t see America as one of the bad guys in this conflict. I’ll rest on that opinion.

You seem to see things differently, but it might bolster your own argument, and my lack of reliability, by annunciating something more substantive than your distaste of the short history of the country in which I now reside and seemingly forgetting the long and “storied” history of our county of birth.

Maybe not.
I was commenting on the US but am aware that Britain has a pretty brutal imperial past.

As someone who naturally empathises with underdogs,the West and I include all the other European countries, has treated Africa, the middle east and elsewhere very poorly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.