Middle East Conflict (merged) | Iran launch missile attack after Israel invade Lebanon

I asked you why the UN obsesses about Palestine. That is not a straw man and you haven’t answered that.

The UN has constantly ducked out on taking action against Israel and has done since its creation, it has ignored the countless thefts and murders in the name of that state with its constant claim of "Defending" land that was never theirs.
The only question you can ask is how you would react to being kicked out of your property at the barrel of a gun, your friends and family killed for objecting.

My reaction would be to fight back any way I could, and bring my kids up to do the same, the utter nonsense that Israel is a "Jewish land" when it was used as a convienient dumping ground for displaced European Jews of various nationality after the war, all the locals saw was poles, Russians, Hungarians, etc rolling up on them in tanks with the choice shift or die.

So if you were a displaced polish Jew, what f*cking right does that give you to walk into a village of people in another country and say "This is mine", yet that is exactly what happened, and is still happening, an the UN do nothing about it.

The locals dont have tanks and planes, they have rocks and a few glorified fireworks, any demonstration of objection to their treatment results in a five hundred pound bomb on the head or a hail of bullets, I`m not interested in the politics of it, its theft and murder no matter how you dress it up, in the name of an ideology or a religion its still wrong.

Haha no that's what I'm saying, no rational person would or cpuco argue with what you said. Unfortunately it's the irrational people who are in charge of sorting the situation out
It's late and I didn't thick I'd got my point across, you could line the policy up against a wall for me, I'd like myself to be an anocist but I know we need government, the hunger for powers bound there capacity for thought pisses me off, the ministers I've had to make submissions to I'd be hard pushe'd to give job as a team boy/girl (pc) :-) Tarzan was the worst.

The UN has constantly ducked out on taking action against Israel and has done since its creation, it has ignored the countless thefts and murders in the name of that state with its constant claim of "Defending" land that was never theirs.
The only question you can ask is how you would react to being kicked out of your property at the barrel of a gun, your friends and family killed for objecting.

My reaction would be to fight back any way I could, and bring my kids up to do the same, the utter nonsense that Israel is a "Jewish land" when it was used as a convienient dumping ground for displaced European Jews of various nationality after the war, all the locals saw was poles, Russians, Hungarians, etc rolling up on them in tanks with the choice shift or die.

So if you were a displaced polish Jew, what f*cking right does that give you to walk into a village of people in another country and say "This is mine", yet that is exactly what happened, and is still happening, an the UN do nothing about it.

The locals dont have tanks and planes, they have rocks and a few glorified fireworks, any demonstration of objection to their treatment results in a five hundred pound bomb on the head or a hail of bullets, I`m not interested in the politics of it, its theft and murder no matter how you dress it up, in the name of an ideology or a religion its still wrong.
Great post
It's late and I didn't thick I'd got my point across, you could line the policy up against a wall for me, I'd like myself to be an anocist but I know we need government, the hunger for powers bound there capacity for thought pisses me off, the ministers I've had to make submissions to I'd be hard pushe'd to give job as a team boy/girl (pc) :-) Tarzan was the worst.
No worries mate you made your point perfectly. I'm not sure what you mean about Tarzan at the end there but you seem to talk alot of sense so fuck it, I'm on board

Great post

No worries mate you made your point perfectly. I'm not sure what you mean about Tarzan at the end there but you seem to talk alot of sense so fuck it, I'm on board
Mr M Heseltin I think the spelling is wrong but it's nearly 3.00 am and I'm dyslexic, the joke is I can spell dyslexic (I think) ;-)

As much as I agree with the sentiment, in which minute over the last 70 years or so was it not? I imagine the instances are low.

Religion has caused more deaths than anything else combined, probably to a power of 100 or more.
How on earth do you come to that conclusion? What was the religious motivation for WW1 and 2? It's as big a myth as any "religious" myth.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1400766

This discussion has again descended into the neighbour taking your home analogy. Since it has ended the same place where the last thread ended, maybe what is needed is a perspective.

In the creation of Israel in 1948, it involved the depopulation of 1325 Palestinian towns, 531 of these were flattened to the ground. Of the 1.4 million inhabitants in these 1325 towns, around 900,000 Palestinians were driven out while 500,000 stayed within the newly created state. Those who stayed gradually lost their homes and driven out from their then increasingly occupied lands which involved 27000 houses being demolished in the occupied territories. These were to house those who are mass migrating from Russia, Poland, Czech, Morocco, US, and many other parts of the world.

Gaza currently has 1.9 million inhabitants, of which 1.3 million were from those driven out From these 1325 towns and their descendants. Gaza is recognised as one of the most overcrowded areas in the world and is expected that once it reaches 2.1 million in a few years time it will be unliveable, without even taking into consideration the lack of clean water (95% of water is not clean), no power for many of its health centre and hospitals, 85% of its food coming from smuggling tunnels, and limited opportunities for employment and home construction. 94% of home construction proposals are rejected despite being sent building materials leaving many having no home of their own.

Prior to 1947-1948 during the creation of Israel, individuals indigenous to the region, of Judaism Christian and Muslim backgrounds lived in harmony together with equal status. There are conflicts among familial houses and tribes and Islamic schools of thoughts but monotheists religions were relatively peaceful. Hamas (c.1987), Fatah (c.1956), PLO (c.1964) or any other agents of resistance did not exist then (before 1948) as there was no purpose for their existence. All three main religions coexisted together with their followers oblivious to any organised conflict.

Winding the clock further back, the long history of Jewish-Muslim relation is one that has more ups than downs.
The constitution of Medina ensured that Jews are protected and have equal rights under Islamic political rule. Both religion fought battles together and in certain cases a high ranking officer of each religion was chief advisor to the army of another. The breaking of the Medina constitution by treason marked the first wide scale conflict between both religions but consequent history has shown that Jews were protected under Islamic rule dependent on the leader. During instances when mass forced conversion of Jews to Islam occurred, these were overturned by competing Muslim leaders who released edicts for Jews to be able to freely practice their own religion. There were isolated instances of persecutions such as the Fez, Granada and Safed attacks on Jews but the numbers of attacks pale in comparison compared to the dozens of atrocities inflicted by others, such as early Russia. The Safed attack was also overturned by a Muslim leader who released an edict to leave the Jewish tribes and their possessions free from harm. Generally the relationship between both were of brotherly camaraderie. 1948 is considered to be the time when this relationship was drastically severed and it hasn't shown any reprieve since,

If Greater Manchester is one day assigned to become the new land for a population of migrants, and Mancunians driven out from our flattened towns without compensation, leaving us to seek refuge in other counties with only the clothes on our back, we might gain some perspective as to why these Palestinians protest.

This discussion has again descended into the neighbour taking your home analogy. Since it has ended the same place where the last thread ended, maybe what is needed is a perspective.

In the creation of Israel in 1948, it involved the depopulation of 1325 Palestinian towns, 531 of these were flattened to the ground. Of the 1.4 million inhabitants in these 1325 towns, around 900,000 Palestinians were driven out while 500,000 stayed within the newly created state. Those who stayed gradually lost their homes and driven out from their then increasingly occupied lands which involved 27000 houses being demolished in the occupied territories. These were to house those who are mass migrating from Russia, Poland, Czech, Morocco, US, and many other parts of the world.

Gaza currently has 1.9 million inhabitants, of which 1.3 million were from those driven out From these 1325 towns and their descendants. Gaza is recognised as one of the most overcrowded areas in the world and is expected that once it reaches 2.1 million in a few years time it will be unliveable, without even taking into consideration the lack of clean water (95% of water is not clean), no power for many of its health centre and hospitals, 85% of its food coming from smuggling tunnels, and limited opportunities for employment and home construction. 94% of home construction proposals are rejected despite being sent building materials leaving many having no home of their own.

Prior to 1947-1948 during the creation of Israel, individuals indigenous to the region, of Judaism Christian and Muslim backgrounds lived in harmony together with equal status. There are conflicts among familial houses and tribes and Islamic schools of thoughts but monotheists religions were relatively peaceful. Hamas (c.1987), Fatah (c.1956), PLO (c.1964) or any other agents of resistance did not exist then (before 1948) as there was no purpose for their existence. All three main religions coexisted together with their followers oblivious to any organised conflict.

Winding the clock further back, the long history of Jewish-Muslim relation is one that has more ups than downs.
The constitution of Medina ensured that Jews are protected and have equal rights under Islamic political rule. Both religion fought battles together and in certain cases a high ranking officer of each religion was chief advisor to the army of another. The breaking of the Medina constitution by treason marked the first wide scale conflict between both religions but consequent history has shown that Jews were protected under Islamic rule dependent on the leader. During instances when mass forced conversion of Jews to Islam occurred, these were overturned by competing Muslim leaders who released edicts for Jews to be able to freely practice their own religion. There were isolated instances of persecutions such as the Fez, Granada and Safed attacks on Jews but the numbers of attacks pale in comparison compared to the dozens of atrocities inflicted by others, such as early Russia. The Safed attack was also overturned by a Muslim leader who released an edict to leave the Jewish tribes and their possessions free from harm. Generally the relationship between both were of brotherly camaraderie. 1948 is considered to be the time when this relationship was drastically severed and it hasn't shown any reprieve since,

If Greater Manchester is one day assigned to become the new land for a population of migrants, and Mancunians driven out from our flattened towns without compensation, leaving us to seek refuge in other counties with only the clothes on our back, we might gain some perspective as to why these Palestinians protest.
The problem you've got is your a one trick pony, much like the politicians on both sides, if you try and empathise with one side only it's hard to take you seriously, you can only see the Israelis acting like cunts, in my view both are.

I would disagree about some of your figures but this constant narrative about Gaza being so densely populated that it’s unliveable is also wide of the mark. The population density of the Gaza Strip is similar to the City of Manchester. The population density of Gaza City is similar to inner London boroughs and does not feature in the top 50 most densely populated cities. The only parts of Gaza that are ridiculously overcrowded are the refugee camps like Jabalya where 93000 people live in 0.5 square miles. It is totally within the control of the Palestinian leadership to do something about it and rehouse some of them elsewhere within the much less densely populated 140.5 square miles that makes up the rest of the Gaza Strip but they won’t for propaganda reasons.

I would disagree about some of your figures but this constant narrative about Gaza being so densely populated that it’s unliveable is also wide of the mark. The population density of the Gaza Strip is similar to the City of Manchester. The population density of Gaza City is similar to inner London boroughs and does not feature in the top 50 most densely populated cities. The only parts of Gaza that are ridiculously overcrowded are the refugee camps like Jabalya where 93000 people live in 0.5 square miles. It is totally within the control of the Palestinian leadership to do something about it and rehouse some of them elsewhere within the much less densely populated 140.5 square miles that makes up the rest of the Gaza Strip but they won’t for propaganda reasons.

This is from the CIA World Factbook. Gaza is the third densely populated area in the world. Also, It doesn't have skyscrapers like Singapore and Hong Kong, and unlike those 50 cities, Gaza has a border around it that if you just approach within 300 metres of the border, you are likely to get shot in the head. What other city has that.

DensitiesFromCIA.png

This is from the CIA World Factbook. Gaza is the third densely populated area in the world. Also, It doesn't have skyscrapers like Singapore and Hong Kong, and unlike those 50 cities, Gaza has a border around it that if you just approach within 300 metres of the border, you are likely to get shot in the head. What other city has that.

DensitiesFromCIA.png
Getting shot for approaching the border is nothing to do with population density. As I said population density is a red herring apart from the refugee camps that cover about 1% of the area, and that could be solved if they wanted to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.