Middle East Conflict (merged)

Tbh I think his thread is bollocks. Had a look on the ADL website and couldn’t find a breakdown on the source of antisemitism, and any dataset containing 20 years of data that has figures of 100% and 0% when there’s been tens of thousands of incidents sounds utterly implausible. Had a look at UK figures over the last year or two and whilst it’s true that right wing antisemitism is the largest subset, it’s more like 50% with the rest split between other sources.
You can use the ADL Heat Map tool referenced in the thread here:

If you set the date range to 2002-2023 (2002 is the earliest year available) and add ‘Left Wing’ or ‘Islamist’ filters it returns 0 results for either.

I think this is actually an issue with the tool itself, arising from a few of potential causes (bad formatting of underlying data, bad query calls from the tool, missing data in the origin database or staging views, etc.). But, even so, that doesn’t reflect well on the ADL and they really should fix the tool.

I do think the thread is a bit disingenuous, though, given anyone with even a cursory understanding of how these types of data visualisation tools work should be able to see the Heat Map is not returning valid results. Especially given you can review their recent Audit of Antisemitic Incidents in 2023 which conflicts with the Heat Map tool results.

What "deal on the table"?

That looks fake.

The deal on the table is a six week ceasefire for hostages and humanitarian aide(but remember Israel isn’t blocking aide).

Whatever you feel about Hamas, expecting them to agree to pause the killing for six weeks so Israel can start it up again is illogical.

“But what about their own people who suffer” I’m sure an Islamic death cult full of orphans and displaced people with nothing to lose care that much….

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.