Middle East Conflict (merged)

Interested in what ? I am sure if a ceasefire was offered it would be taken
Ducado you seem to be the only Jewish voice who talks sense. Can I ask what your thoughts are on the Occupation/Settlers in the West Bank. As most of the other Pro Israeli folk are denying and land grabs or Occupation. Which seems at odds to the UN and just about every nation in the world.

Ducado you seem to be the only Jewish voice who talks sense. Can I ask what your thoughts are on the Occupation/Settlers in the West Bank. As most of the other Pro Israeli folk are denying and land grabs or Occupation. Which seems at odds to the UN and just about every nation in the world.
I’ve just got some Jewish blood but lots of friends in Israel most of them are to the left of Israeli politics they just want to live in peace but like the Arab side the more they are attacked the more militant they get

They dislike what they call the Jewish taliban in the West Bank

Interesting enough lots of secular young Israelis are trying to get out they don’t like the direction things are going

It’s such a sad state of affairs for everyone involved and there will be no winners, the whole region could be a prosperous powerhouse can you imagine if everyone put their energy into peace and prosperity rather than hate and never ending war

And there are lots of Jewish voices that talk lots of sense just don’t back them into a corner everyone wants the same thing now I’ve done my MLK thing I’m off to laugh at United

Do you think Israel will give the land back that theve stolen and stop the occupation. That will kinda help things don't you think?
Stolen?
War is about land. It’s not like they sneaked in and ran off with it!

At what point is enough enough? Do you think Oct 7th was an act of war? Invading territory to kill innocents?

If so, the prosecution of that war is ongoing. We can discuss who is at war with whom, and why, if you like, but Iran gave Netanyahu the excuse he was looking for…and he’s going to take it to HIS conclusion. We can discuss that, too, if you like.

But, you don’t go to war, lose people and equipment, then when it ends everyone goes back to their corners and all land is ceded. We cannot discuss that.

They have peace treaties with their two closest neighbours and prior to this kick off bilateral trade and travel was doing very well, it's a bit of a myth it's perfectly possible for the two peoples to live side by side, the other option is more war more death and destruction it's this simplistic view from many in America that is partly fueling this, its enabling the extremists in israel to carry on with the excuse "well they hate us " so we just carry on which leads us to here, when are you going to learn that this is not leading to peace and prosperity for all just death and destruction perhaps it's time to start thinking a little deeper about this
Thanks for the patronizing lesson about peace and living together. Maybe you should mention that the next time your son or daughter is slaughtered at a music festival.

Kumbya and all that, but get real.

I’ve just got some Jewish blood but lots of friends in Israel most of them are to the left of Israeli politics they just want to live in peace but like the Arab side the more they are attacked the more militant they get

They dislike what they call the Jewish taliban in the West Bank

Interesting enough lots of secular young Israelis are trying to get out they don’t like the direction things are going

It’s such a sad state of affairs for everyone involved and there will be no winners, the whole region could be a prosperous powerhouse can you imagine if everyone put their energy into peace and prosperity rather than hate and never ending war

Your opinion makes the most astute sense.

Moderate Muslims condemn militant Hamas. And moderate Jews condemn revisionist Zionism.

Those were the poison that need weeded out.

Revisionist zionism however successfully indoctrinated since the early 1900s, and Hamas aggression reeked vengeance for the indoctrination. Fire begets fire.

Israel must agree to the ceasefire deal. Currently, Israel does not agree to 3 paragraphs from all the 18 paragraphs of the ceasefire. Yes, Hamas agreed to the 18 paragraphs, but must ensure that a ceasefire is respected. Put down arms. Disband ‘Hamas’.

Is "Stop Hatred" really that simple?
In China, it's National Day holiday now. It's so peaceful. You can see how relaxed people are.
There isn't much hatred here. We don't hate CCP, Mao, the west, minority ethnics, uyghurs, tibetans...

But, you know, it's nearly impossible to tell people thousands miles away that the reality is not that bad.

For example, minority ethnics, there is a narrative about "minority oppression" from outside.
Even though this hatred does not exist in reality, we haven't started to hate each other, some people in foreign countries are eager to promote it.
And sadly, the people in the west who believe this narrative are the same group as those who say "stop hating".
They are very kind and compassionate. But they became a part of the beginning of the spiral of hatred. Just some fake news stories can ignite everything.
They themselves are not even aware of this.

Considering that our country is big and somewhat powerful, it is still so severe, dangerous, stressful.
The situation of small countries without strength is even worse.
It's almost impossible to stop hatred, they have ten thousand ways to keep it going.

Until both sides accept that the other side has a right to exist and self governance with clearly defined borders (and enforceable penalties for non observance) then this is going nowhere.

It's going nowhere until both sides stop being funded and armed by the real protagonists in all this.

Your opinion makes the most astute sense.

Moderate Muslims condemn militant Hamas. And moderate Jews condemn revisionist Zionism.

Those were the poison that need weeded out.

Revisionist zionism however successfully indoctrinated since the early 1900s, and Hamas aggression reeked vengeance for the indoctrination. Fire begets fire.

Israel must agree to the ceasefire deal. Currently, Israel does not agree to 3 paragraphs from all the 18 paragraphs of the ceasefire. Yes, Hamas agreed to the 18 paragraphs, but must ensure that a ceasefire is respected. Put down arms. Disband ‘Hamas’.
There’s a cycle of violence that almost becomes a bloodlust we’ve seen it happen in other conflicts like the Balkens and I believe we are in that phase now, basically both sides are losing their humanity, I don’t know what the outcome will be but no one will win it’s just fuel for the next round of fighting

It’s a tragedy for everyone, Israel is suffering not so much in material losses but mentally and economically, it can't afford for this go on much longer, parts of the North have been depopulated and the government is having to pay the costs, but in order to get them back they have to defeat and remove Hezbullah from the border, and it’s not going well at all, as one friend told me they’ve had 20 years to prepare for this, and from reports they are very prepared, Israel has not got the manpower to sustain repeated heavy losses

There’s a cycle of violence that almost becomes a bloodlust we’ve seen it happen in other conflicts like the Balkens and I believe we are in that phase now, basically both sides are losing their humanity, I don’t know what the outcome will be but no one will win it’s just fuel for the next round of fighting

It’s a tragedy for everyone, Israel is suffering not so much in material losses but mentally and economically, it can't afford for this go on much longer, parts of the North have been depopulated and the government is having to pay the costs, but in order to get them back they have to defeat and remove Hezbullah from the border, and it’s not going well at all, as one friend told me they’ve had 20 years to prepare for this, and from reports they are very prepared, Israel has not got the manpower to sustain repeated heavy losses
I do wonder if this should become a job for a UN coalition peacekeeping force? I suspect any western boots on the ground would not be seen as neutral by Muslim Arabs though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.