Middle East Conflict

And the rate of illegal land annexation, forced displacement, and state-sanctioned (and very often supported) settler violence will only increase the longer the far-right regime remains in power.

It is very troubling to me that the majority of Israelis (and the current intensifying protests) are not concerned with these actions and increasingly codified policies. Unfortunately, it is another example of how insidious and deeply-seated Kahanist and extremist Zionist ideology has become in Israel.

This is, by the way, an indirect form of genocide under clause B and C from Article II of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide.

And the rate of illegal land annexation, forced displacement, and state-sanctioned (and very often supported) settler violence will only increase the longer the far-right regime remains in power.

It is very troubling to me that the majority of Israelis (and the current intensifying protests) are not concerned with these actions and increasingly codified policies. Unfortunately, it is another example of how insidious and deeply-seated Kahanist and extremist Zionist ideology has become in Israel.

This is, by the way, an indirect form of genocide under clause B and C from Article II of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide.

This is why I find the demonization of Netanyahu to be very hollow if not disingenuous. Are religious zionists the main drivers of this occupation and apartheid? Sure, but they would not be able to do it alone without a tactic acceptance by secular Jews and “liberal” zionists.

Whoever replaces Netanyahu will not have policies different from his and there is a better chance a full blown fascist from the Ben-Gvir/Smotrich camp being a PM than some peacenik on the left/center left if they still exist in Israel.

This is why I find the demonization of Netanyahu to be very hollow if not disingenuous. Are religious zionists the main drivers of this occupation and apartheid? Sure, but they would not be able to do it alone without a tactic acceptance by secular Jews and “liberal” zionists.

Whoever replaces Netanyahu will not have policies different from his and there is a better chance a full blown fascist from the Ben-Gvir/Smotrich camp being a PM than some peacenik on the left/center left if they still exist in Israel.
Case in point

I think we’ve seen worse but I thought this one takes the cake. Facism is deeply imbedded in Israel.

I learned in the responses to one of his earlier unhinged tweets that he was the man who bore responsibility for the Qana massacre.

What is with Israeli leaders and massacres? Sharon springs to mind immediately. Did it begin with Begin and his past? How many future candidates are earning their stripes overseeing the current massacres?

Talking of chequered pasts .....

I think we’ve seen worse but I thought this one takes the cake. Facism is deeply imbedded in Israel.

Bennett has always been far-right leaning masquerading as a secular right politician sympathetic to religious Jews but as of late he has been showing himself to not only be another fascist megalomaniacal murder, but a true idiot, in every sense of the word.

This passage from the tweet you have linked is a perfect example of what I mean:

“October 7th is as if savages with machetes tore down the screens of The Truman Show and we saw the barbarism hiding behind those tenuous facades.”

It is a self-own narrative simile.

The fact he was PM at one time is as much an indictment of where Israeli society has gone as Netanyahu still being in power now. In some ways they are both symptoms of the same problem which has swept across Europe and the US.

Bennett has always been far-right leaning masquerading as a secular right politician sympathetic to religious Jews but as of late he has been showing himself to not only be another fascist megalomaniacal murder, but a true idiot, in every sense of the word.

This passage from the tweet you have linked is a perfect example of what I mean:

“October 7th is as if savages with machetes tore down the screens of The Truman Show and we saw the barbarism hiding behind those tenuous facades.”

It is a self-own narrative simile.

The fact he was PM at one time is as much an indictment of where Israeli society has gone as Netanyahu still being in power now. In some ways they are both symptoms of the same problem which has swept across Europe and the US.
On the surface not quite the same 2 cheeks but the more you scratch ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.