Middle East Conflict

So the distinction that you said was important to make doesn't apply after all. Glad we cleared that up :)
No, the Israeli's are targeting Hamas, the collateral unfortunately falls on the Palestinian people and that is the fault of Hamas. If Israel was truly targeting Palestinians then they could completely flatten Gaza in a matter of hours.

What do you expect Israel to do? Allow civilians to be murdered, taken hostage, raped, beaten, killed and put on social media and that's the end of it?

Of course they were going to respond and respond harshly but that's the consequence of what Hamas instigated upon its own people on Saturday.

No, the Israeli's are targeting Hamas, the collateral unfortunately falls on the Palestinian people and that is the fault of Hamas. If Israel was truly targeting Palestinians then they could completely flatten Gaza in a matter of hours.

What do you expect Israel to do? Allow civilians to be murdered, taken hostage, raped, beaten, killed and put on social media and that's the end of it?

Of course they were going to respond and respond harshly but that's the consequence of what Hamas instigated upon its own people on Saturday.
As someone with no axe to grind in this (I think it’s appalling dog shite on both sides of the fence) I think you could take a more balanced view - if a population is completely downtrodden by a far mightier power then eventually you are likely to see a rebellion. Nobody doubts the might of Israel’s military, that’s never been in doubt, I just wonder whether the continued subjugation of a people is what you see as the right way forward. Anyway I’m getting involved now and I shouldn’t. For balance what happened at the weekend was disgusting, but ignoring the root cause isn’t the answer, not to me anyway.

To take a lesson from your earlier post, Palestine was the land of Palestinians long before Ukraine saw itself as an independent Country. One thing they arguably links Ukraine and Israel is that they haven’t been separate countries for all that long ( in the bigger picture of history). I support Ukraine btw.

Yes, but the concept of a Ukrainian nation has been around for several centuries in that people identified as Ukrainian irrespective of who was currently governing/occupying the area. People identifying as Israelites and referencing the land of the Israelites can be found in the Bible.

The modern establishment of both nations is relatively new, but neither sprang into existence out of nothing. There are historical links between the peoples and the geographic regions. And yes, you can say the same for the Palestinians. Given this, the creation of a separate Palestinian state would seem to be the logical solution, but there are people who violently oppose this and determined not to make it happen and even if it did happen, would there be peace? Ukraine and Russia are two separate independent states and yet one still invades the other. There is always some dick getting themselves into power and trying to recreate past glories or past empires or avenge past wrongs, perceived or otherwise.

At some point, people on both sides are going to have to break this cycle. And that will mean consigning the past to the past and looking at a way of creating a future, because what’s happening right now ain’t it.

You seem to think this started last Saturday! Based on your logic the Israeli’s murdered was a result of their people’s actions over the last 75 years? Or does it only work one way?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.