Middle East Conflict

But why would the Palestinians ‘leave them alone’. Why should the Palestinians have been made to pay with their land because of Europes anti-semitic crimes. Why would they leave them alone as during the course of those 75 years more and more land has been systematically stolen, whilst countless innocents have been brutalised and murdered. All the while the rest of the world sat back and has allowed it to happen with zero recourse for the perpetrators? Where has diplomacy got them in the past 75 years?
The state of Palestine is not recognised by the west and the leadership in Gaza is Hamas who are a proscribed terrorist organisation. We share zero values with these types of people and it would be like negotiating with ISIS. Therefore of course the west in particular is going to sit back.

Giving back land doesn't solve the problem either, the problem runs deep into how you get a designated state of Palestine and state of Israel. A negotiated two state solution is the only obvious solution but to get it you need sane and calm people on both sides of the negotiation table and currently there are neither.

The problem is a majority of Palestinians and Israeli's think that either has no right to exist or at least oppose two states or a vastly reduced state. Therefore what else can we expect from the people they elect?

I highly doubt that the US will want to get into a war with Iran, especially because of the close relationship between Iran and Russia let alone what a nightmare they could inflict on gulf shipping it's postraring, I also don't think Hezbollah really want's to get involved at the moment, the problem comes if Israel goes too far and the pressure from the Arab street becomes too much, but I expect the Americans will reign the Israelis in before that happens

My biggest fear is no one takes the opportunity to address the main issues, it's unfortunate that the blowback is suffered throughout the world, the further they go the more they radicalise and on we go

I genuinely don’t pretend to be as clever as a lot of you guys in this forum, but one thing stands out to me as an onlooker to this.

The world has quite rightly condemned the Hamas terrorists for what they did, but they are what they say on the tin, terrorists. How can the world then watch on with no condemnation as a legitimate UN member government shells the fuck out of a civilian population? It doesn’t sit well with me that this is an appropriate response, but as I say I am not well versed in such matters.

I genuinely don’t pretend to be as clever as a lot of you guys in this forum, but one thing stands out to me as an onlooker to this.

The world has quite rightly condemned the Hamas terrorists for what they did, but they are what they say on the tin, terrorists. How can the world then watch on with no condemnation as a legitimate UN member government shells the fuck out of a civilian population? It doesn’t sit well with me that this is an appropriate response, but as I say I am not well versed in such matters.
Israel aren't targeting Palestinians, they're targeting Hamas. It's really important to make that distinction.

But why would the Palestinians ‘leave them alone’. Why should the Palestinians have been made to pay with their land because of Europes anti-semitic crimes. Why would they leave them alone as during the course of those 75 years more and more land has been systematically stolen, whilst countless innocents have been brutalised and murdered. All the while the rest of the world sat back and has allowed it to happen with zero recourse for the perpetrators? Where has diplomacy got them in the past 75 years?

While no expert on the origins and roots of this conflict, I seem to recall a lot of the land currently controlled by Israel was taken during wars initiated by surrounding Arab states. If you attack a fledging nation don‘t be surprised if it fights back and if it wins don’t expect any favours afterwards.

This is not to excuse all Israeli behaviour, no nation has clean hands, but I do think acknowledging past events is important.

Putin comments. Working to an ‘independent Palestinian state’ is a bit rich (Ukraine, anyone?), and Netanyahu will be wondering why they cosied up to Putin at the expense of Ukraine given an independent Palestine state is the opposite of what Netanyahu wants.

Putin will hedge his bets as much as he can, but when push comes to shove Iran is of more value than Israel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.