Middle East Conflict

This isnt a wind up post, please can someone summarise in layman’s terms exactly what the conflict is. Who is fighting who and why? When you look online one source is so varied to the next.
Difficult to summarise something quite so enormous and quite so nuanced, but Rory Stewart’s attempt might satisfy some of your curiosity.

Okay, you haven't seen pictures then at all, have you?

It hit a crowded parking lot next to the hospital. There might be several dozens death people. Which is a real tragedy, getting hit while seeking help. But no building was flatten and for sure did not die hundreds of people.

Whilst the evidence from most of the available footage seems clear, that most buildings weren't flattened, in fact some don't even look particularly damaged, and there's no bomb crater, we don't know the death toll, and if large fuel fires were created, we might never know.

There does also seem to be a fairly remarkable (given the circumstances) void of video/photo evidence that "hundreds" died, I'll remain open to the fact it's stil quite possible, and many were simply cremated.

Sadly there'll never be a real investigation from anyone neutral, so there will always be a "it was him, no it was you" argument, and ultimately we'll also never be able to trust the casualty figures, without some independant coroboration.

I think the balance of probabilities is tilting in Israel’s favour, personally I’m probably 75:25 that Hamas did it now.
The recordings aren't hamas, they're pij, who do seem to have more potent weapons from somewhere, but how they got them into Gaza, I've no idea, but there seems only one plausible route, or they were built there.

As a result of violence, some sexual, after Pro-Palestinian demonstrarions, France has banned them.

Last edited:
Whilst the evidence from most of the available footage seems clear, that most buildings weren't flattened, in fact some don't even look particularly damaged, and there's no bomb crater, we don't know the death toll, and if large fuel fires were created, we might never know.

There does also seem to be a fairly remarkable (given the circumstances) void of video/photo evidence that "hundreds" died, I'll remain open to the fact it's stil quite possible, and many were simply cremated.

Sadly there'll never be a real investigation from anyone neutral, so there will always be a "it was him, no it was you" argument, and ultimately we'll also never be able to trust the casualty figures, without some independant coroboration.

It seems beyond doubt that a very large number of people died. BBC report from the scene with body parts still being collected, macabre press conference from doctors at the hospital, dozens of body bags, nobody seems to be disputing any of this.

It seems beyond doubt that a very large number of people died. BBC report from the scene with body parts still being collected, macabre press conference from doctors at the hospital, dozens of body bags, nobody seems to be disputing any of this.
I wasn't disputing it either, just citing the lack of video/photo evidence (that I've seen anyway, and I don't go looking on twitter/telegraph for gore).

I would think hamas/pij would be all over posting it to implicate israel (who I also have very little sympathy for after years of watching how they treat civilians).

human believes in fantasy sky human, other human believes in fantasy sky human and special fantasy human. Both humans have fantasy sky human worship buildings in same area. Both humans believe they have the right and the other human is wrong. Both humans have descended down from being humans and kick the crap out of each other.
You missed the important bit where fantasy sky human promised both sets of humans the same piece of real estate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.