Middle East Conflict

Human rights ? Do they only exist for certain communities ? Do Palestinians have human rights?
Should a western country decide what human rights people of Middle Eastern countries have?
If west is adamant to have a standard charter of human rights, then why that is not applied to the rights of people of Palestine or Iraq or Afghanistan or Syria or Libya and so on … ?

Or do they only care about the human rights of people who identify themselves with the western values ? In essence they defend the western values rather than rights of humans who happen to identify themselves with the western values. If the same people changed their mind on the western values, would the west still talk about their rights? No, they’ll say they deserve to suffer because they have such backward (in west’s view) values.
So you are saying that you support things like gay people being executed or imprisoned amongst many examples that could be given ?

Or that their should be different levels of humans, as you seem to forwarding differing human rights ?

Last edited:
So you are saying that you support things like gay people being executed or imprisoned amongst many examples that could be given ?
I think he's saying cultures are different and hold different values. They are all at different stages aand whilst they get there why are the west so eaager to hold them to account. England in the 80s was a terrible place for gay people, black people, etc etc.. It took a generation or two to change that. Imagine being told all that time how shit we were, how backwards. I think thats what he means.

Or that their should be different levels of humans, as you seem to forwarding differing human rights ?
You prove my point by your first question : you want to know whether I agree with your values before you can support me or denounce me. So it’s your values you support, not my human rights.

As far as your 2nd question is concerned, I think communities should be able to decide for themselves their human rights. Just like communities are allowed to decide who governs them in elections, they should be able to decide what laws they want to govern them or what principles or frameworks they want to adapt to be able to live those lives?

You prove my point by your first question : you want to know whether I agree with your values before you can support me or denounce me. So it’s your values you support, not my human rights.

As far as your 2nd question is concerned, I think communities should be able to decide for themselves their human rights. Just like communities are allowed to decide who governs them in elections, they should be able to decide what laws they want to govern them or what principles or frameworks they want to adapt to be able to live those lives?
No, you prove that your idea of human rights is emminently moveable, in other words we are not all equal, and that a framework of hatred is good enough for you.

You'll find that the Palastinians did decide for themselves a while ago in elections. It is not the rest of the worlds fault that once the people they elect get into power refuse to ever relinquish that power !

So you don't accept the Universal Declaration of Human Rights then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.