Middle East Conflict

Are we all going to negotiate parts out of the Koran that call for the eradication of the Jews, or the other things that go along with it ?

Best of luck with that, because as already stated it is apparently the immutable word of god !

Best we can hope for is some form of truce that will not be legally binding on Islam (another thing stated in their scripture) until they find themselves powerful enough to break treaty.
It’s funny that Jews and Muslims have lived together throughout the world without killing each other, there are still some small communities left, but you are taking this to extremes, this is not a war against Islam, and your are kind of turning it that way.

And it’s strange how some far right groups in this country have latched on to this war and the brutality, back in the day it was the Jews who were the target for their hate, and all the same arguments were trotted out about the Jews and Judaism as are being trotted out about Islam and Muslims, they just need a minority group who they can’t understand or never try to understand

I hope you are not one those people, it’s a deep rabbit hole to fall into

Yeah, I get your point.
What about flooding tunnels, wouldn't that be a threat? No idea how realistic that is at all. Just a thought how to minimize own losses in tunnels.
I know, where does the water come from.
I'm no expert here but due to its geographical location I'm guessing the water table is low. There's the sea along the coast but you'd need a lot of pumps and pipes and it would only be effective for a very limited distance and then only in something like a small bunker/tunnel complex. It probably isnt feasible. There's a good book on tunnel warfare called the tunnels of Cu Chi . The Americans couldn't eradicate them even with B52 bombers. They had fully equipped hospitals and even cinemas in them. One of the things that that the Viet Cong did was to dig the entrances and initial access tunnels so small that the average American couldn't fit through. The Vietnamese being of smaller physical build could crawl through with ease.

What is the negotiated way to end it? I agree a negotiation is necessary but that comes after both parties have agreed to stop killing each other. I'm more talking about getting to the latter. Israel could negotiate with people like Arafat many years ago but this is different.

Israel has no sensible and calm leadership to negotiate with, they're all in Qatar waging war and sunning it a million miles from the war they have started.

You have to remember that Hamas currently hold hundreds of hostages. Many posters on here conveniently forget that when they call for restraint and in the same breath almost justify shite such as armed struggle in desperation.

Taking hostages for a political cause pretty much fulfils the definition of terrorism so should a country negotiate with terrorists?

Countries always negotiate with terrorists if they see it is in their interests to do so. We did with the IRA. They even became the part of the official Govt.

Right now, Israel via the US and others will be negotiating with Hamas to free the hostages.

Are we all going to negotiate parts out of the Koran that call for the eradication of the Jews, or the other things that go along with it ?

Best of luck with that, because as already stated it is apparently the immutable word of god !

Best we can hope for is some form of truce that will not be legally binding on Islam (another thing stated in their scripture) until they find themselves powerful enough to break treaty.
The Quran doesn't call for the eradication of Jews though.

It does call them killers of the prophets (JtB and JC) and that they shunned the phophet so will be scattered from the holy land and given no land of their own.

Many mistake Sura 9 which calls to take the sword to non believers as a call to kill any non muslim,
but the same Sura also calls for those of the book (any follower on non muslim abrahamic religions) to be allowed to live peacefully with reduced status until they see the prophets word.

The sultinates and Ottomans followed the latter hence why Jews, Muslims and Christians lived in relative peace for centuries with jews and christian subject to heavier taxes and some limitations on ownership of businesses.

Unfortunately post otterman Cunts like those who follow Wahhabism, Qutbism and terrorist like Hamas and Boko Haram, only reqd the first part and use it to justify being evil bastards

As with every religous text, people will interpretate it to suit their agenda and care little for those they make suffer.

Hamas are cunts doing just that.

Last edited:
Just having a thought having chickened out of work after yesterday’s gallon of stout. I know / have known lots of Muslim people. I have never known one to utter a negative word about Jewish people. Apart from one Zionist at College 30 odd years ago. I’ve never come across a Jewish person say a bad word about Muslim or Arab people. Isn’t Britain a wonderful place. (I’m talking in person and not on the news or social media). Maybe I just live a sheltered existence.

I know Jewish people too. Purely by chance I celebrated Erling’s record breaking goal against West Ham with Howard Bernstein. There’s plenty of people I know who could be Jewish and I’m not aware of it. I’m not interested in religion.

My supporters club branch has a zero tolerance to bringing up religion, say on the coach to games. It doesn’t have to be enforced because nobody brings up religion. Our policy stems from being formed on a US military base where discussion about religion wasn’t accepted for common sense reasons. The world is a much better place when people get on.

Boring but true!

Hamas is Isis
I think and hope no one on here will argue that hamas are diabolical - I have not seen a single post on here argue they are anything but that. Just in case you are misinterpreting anybodys condemnation of the barbaric war crimes - such as cutting off the populations water supply - that the Israel regime are committing in Gaza, with that

Last edited:
It’s funny that Jews and Muslims have lived together throughout the world without killing each other, there are still some small communities left, but you are taking this to extremes, this is not a war against Islam, and your are kind of turning it that way.
It's actually funny that you are saying that, were you the one who posted about the fine relations and 'golden age' of Jews in the Ottaman empire ?

You do realise that the status quo was maintained by any minority (not just Jews) accepted that they were of lower social, and legal status than a muslim (dhimmi), and that they paid tribute/tax (jizya) to their masters ?

It is not a war against Islam, as you seem to claim, but it is a war against the Jews !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.