Middlesbrough (a) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Middlesbrough full-back George Friend is likely to miss Saturday's FA Cup tie after aggravating a calf injury.

Daniel Ayala is out with a hamstring problem suffered last week, while Adlene Guedioura is ineligible having played for Watford in the fourth round.

Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany could be available for the first time in six weeks.

I`m very optimistic that Pep will pick the strongest team available for this match.I accept we may see the odd change ie Zaba for Sagna and Stones/Kompany coming in at the heart of the defence and I suspect a change of goalie,other than that I think our midfield and forward line will not be affected.

I`m very optimistic that Pep will pick the strongest team available for this match.I accept we may see the odd change ie Zaba for Sagna and Stones/Kompany coming in at the heart of the defence and I suspect a change of goalie,other than that I think our midfield and forward line will not be affected.
I'd like to see Nolito and Garcia in for Sané and Yaya, those two have played nearly every game since just before Christmas.

I'd like to see Nolito and Garcia in for Sané and Yaya, those two have played nearly every game since just before Christmas.
He may possibly play Garcia at the expense of Yaya and save him for the Monaco game.I can`t disagree with your thinking of Sane, who was way of his best in mid week but he wasn`t alone and yes maybe a rest will do him the world of good.
So from my original thinking of a few changes may now turn out to about half a fucking team !! Thanks for that. ;)

I believe that there is no replays from now on with extra time and then penalties, with no replays from this round onwards . Does anyone know if this is true, and if it is we've got to go out and win it in 90mins, especially with a huge Champions League game coming up on Wednesday. We could well do without the extra time, so I hope pep will play as stronger team as possible so as to win the game in normal time.

Bravo

Zabaleta
Stones
Kompany
Kolarov

Dinho
Garcia
Silva

Sterling
Aguero
Nolito

This is team is very strong and would get the win IMO Nolito to come in for Sane who missed numerous chances on Wednesday and needs a little rest, would be very surprised if he starts. Sane is also a great option to bring off the bench, potential game changer. Garcia played well in his last start and I think Pep will trust him again here. Yaya needs the rest. De bruyne another good bench option, who had an off game Wednesday, will hopefully get his head right in time for Monaco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.