Might as well give up now?

carlos92 said:
Cobwebcat said:
As the situation is now with United making an 80 million loss each year (because of their interest on the debt) I take it they would also be excluded?

Going by Platini's rules yes they would.

And if it applies to the swamp dwellers, might it also apply to the likes of Barca and RM. I don't see how they're going to get this past the clubs under the present proposals. Twattini will kill the competition off if he isn't very careful. People with start a new Chimps League. And people will pull his hair whilst they're about it.

bluemanc said:
With barca & madrid owning tv rights that dwarf what we get plus the italians being corrupt as fuck i hope we don't bend over on this.

What do you mean? Both clubs are up to their eyeballs in debt. Whether or not they own the TV rights has not prevented the Bank of Fucking Spain having to bail RM out with mega Euro's from the tax payer. And it hasn't prevented Barca's spiralling debts. And even if the TV rights do dwarf what we get, that won't matter unless the twatty one gets real. My point being that no TV station in it's right mind is going to want to maintain current levels of payment when people start switching off, which they will, and in larger and larger numbers. It would be interesting to compare viewing figures from previous seasons.

I take your point about bending over, though. No other choice but to fight this to the bitter end.

oakiecokie said:
Why is everone getting so uptight about something,which may never happen !!
Have you forgotten the meeting that Vicki Kloss had with UEFA ??
And what was the outcome ??
Exactly !!
Not one of us knows.Likewise the media,who once again spout shit,just to make a NEGATIVE headline.
Everyone please forget it !!
Our Owner and his Legal Team will have gone through the rules of this Fair Play system,with a fine tooth comb and probably as we speak,City will be making inroads to generate more business and income.
Perhaps Vicky could enlighten us with another email....

Uefa's head of club licensing, Andrea Traverso, the man in charge of monitoring, has told The Independent that any "wipeout" of historic spending would "be seen as a way to circumvent the rules, and that is not allowed".

How funny, so a move to remove debt is seen as breaking the rules. Surely this goes against the point of the rules.

Haha not at all.

We are actually one of the few teams in the world who can do this. We're the only people who can build a giant stadium and leisure complex in order to offset some silly rule.

What will eventually happen is it will hit other clubs but not us. Clubs like Villa will be banned from European play, since they don't have the huge capital to invest in infrastructure.

I've been thinking about this a fair bit lately, and wondered if a way round it would be for Sheik Mansour to sell to City one his other business concerns for a tenner - one making, ooh lets say £200M or so a year. This would mean City's turnover would be massively increased, thereby offsetting any losses made in the football section of the company and making us self sufficient!

I like this euphemism for maintaining as much of the status quo as they can:

For accounting purposes, the fees need to be amortised over the length of the players' contract.

No Platini, for purposes of keeping yer pals in and competition out!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.