Mike Dean death threats.

Football, especially the English Premier league is far too arrogant
I'm of the view that there is something that Riley and his cohorts don't want us to know. Something that -for whatever reason- the people who pay their wages are deemed to be outsiders and are thus not privy to the inner sanctions of Pigmol. A covert operation that is for their eyes only.

When you think about it, Mike Dean, Lee Mason, Michael Oliver, and the rest of the Prem officials, they are household names to fans of the sport. We know the name as soon as it's mentioned, and we've either seen them live or on TV so many times they are almost as familiar to us as the names of the players on the pitch: yet we know absolutely nothing about them as individuals. What they talk like, what their family lives are like, what hobbies they may or may not have. Essentially they are just a name on a piece of paper to us.
Now I'm not suggesting they should give out their phone numbers or addresses to us, or tell us where their favourite restaurant is, definitely not. But as officials who are responsible for overseeing a sporting event that means so much to millions and millions of us, is it really asking too much to know a little more about the man in black whose decisions could mean relegation to some teams? Decisions that -despite the consequences- he never ever has to justify to us?

There is something quite sinister about an organisation that has so much power and influence within the game and yet none of us know anything about them.

Apparently Merseyside police are investigating the threats.
They said they will start on the case as soon as they have dealt with a coach trashing incident that occurred outside Anfield 3 years ago that they are still working on.....

The inquiry was commenced in 2018 and concluded in 2020.

Two minutes isn’t long to investigate an offence, I grant you, but the game had started by then.

What’s the betting that when they find the guy, his biography will include a school trip to Maine Rd to watch city play tranmere in the 90’s, with a half and half scarf and a picture of the Etihad with the sheikh in the press release
Oi! It wasn't me this time.

I'm of the view that there is something that Riley and his cohorts don't want us to know. Something that -for whatever reason- the people who pay their wages are deemed to be outsiders and are thus not privy to the inner sanctions of Pigmol. A covert operation that is for their eyes only.

When you think about it, Mike Dean, Lee Mason, Michael Oliver, and the rest of the Prem officials, they are household names to fans of the sport. We know the name as soon as it's mentioned, and we've either seen them live or on TV so many times they are almost as familiar to us as the names of the players on the pitch: yet we know absolutely nothing about them as individuals. What they talk like, what their family lives are like, what hobbies they may or may not have. Essentially they are just a name on a piece of paper to us.
Now I'm not suggesting they should give out their phone numbers or addresses to us, or tell us where their favourite restaurant is, definitely not. But as officials who are responsible for overseeing a sporting event that means so much to millions and millions of us, is it really asking too much to know a little more about the man in black whose decisions could mean relegation to some teams? Decisions that -despite the consequences- he never ever has to justify to us?

There is something quite sinister about an organisation that has so much power and influence within the game and yet none of us know anything about them.
All the major sports referees, umpires and officials are well known in their relevant countries.

The only thing I want to know is are they competent at their job, if the answer is no they are removed.

Added to that when a decision is made using VAR the match referee should stop play and inform the crowd, players and tv audience of the decision and why it was made.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.