Mike Dean death threats.

Abuse is wrong in all forms. Online platforms need to control who has access and some form of accountability.

But how many refs in this country been subject to actual real physical abuse or harm?
Have any actually been killed?
I think the nearest i've heard of any football related worker being abused was ratboy getting some beer thrown over him. Even that was just some random drunken knobhead showing off to his mates.

I'm not saying something couldn't happen in the future. It only takes some nut job to go to far.
But these "death threats" are rarely credible. At least in the UK.

I've been threatened to be shot by a co-worker. He actually held a gun licence and had several to choose from.
Police got involved and refused to take any action as it was considered and idle threat. So did i.
They were only involved because he accused me of assaulting him. He demanded that the police be called. Unfortunately for him, he made the "death threat" while i was on the phone to the police and they heard it over the phone.

If we are going to take every death threat serious, then they may as well lock up my wife now.
Many a time i've rolled in late at night (early morning) only to be met with a threat to my life!

you actually seen any evidence of these "threats" ?
I didn’t realise it’s up to Mike Dean to prove them to the general public for people to take him seriously? Should we just doubt him until that point?

Im fairly certain the police will have evidence of the threats and that us mere mortals won’t ever see it.

But how many refs in this country been subject to actual real physical abuse or harm?
Have any actually been killed?
I think the nearest i've heard of any football related worker being abused was ratboy getting some beer thrown over him
Lennon getting his head kicked in.

I didn’t realise it’s up to Mike Dean to prove them to the general public for people to take him seriously? Should we just doubt him until that point?

Im fairly certain the police will have evidence of the threats and that us mere mortals won’t ever see it.
you generally get to see most of the shit flying about on social media it gets shared all over the place in no time,like a few other posters i'm calling bullshit,he's fucked up 2 weeks on the bounce,got it ridiculously wrong both times...you not find it a bit funny he can't do weekend PL games but can do a cup game before then involving 2 PL teams?
He's been fucked off but they haven't had the bollocks to admit it.....in my opinion of course....

Lennon getting his head kicked in.
Wasn't that a random bar fight?
They didn't search him out to abuse/assault him etc.
Any public figure can be at risk whilst out and about. As sad as it is etc.
We are talking credible risk by threats online.

Think it was more along the lines of him getting jumped for being Neil Lennon. He's also had plenty of credible threats.

Did someone not try to have go at him when Celtic played Hearts a few years ago

you generally get to see most of the shit flying about on social media it gets shared all over the place in no time,like a few other posters i'm calling bullshit,he's fucked up 2 weeks on the bounce,got it ridiculously wrong both times...you not find it a bit funny he can't do weekend PL games but can do a cup game before then involving 2 PL teams?
He's been fucked off but they haven't had the bollocks to admit it.....in my opinion of course....
I admit that I can’t understand why he’d ref a midweek game but not the weekend game.

However if a person claims to have received death threats I’d be inclined to believe them, especially given that he has contacted the police to investigate.

Not for one minute suggesting someone is going to kill mike dean (even typing that seems ridiculous) but why should anybody have to just shrug off death threats?

If this was Gundogan receiving death threats for missing his penalty I think 99% of posters in this thread would condemn it even though it’s extremely unlikely someone would actually try to murder Ilkay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.