Mike Doyle tribute ?

100% behind this , one of the unsung heroes of the '68 side , and if you wanted one player to sum up MCFC , then it would be Mike Doyle , a real warrior , and a half decent player , Bought my 2011 shirt and put No.4 DOYLE on the back , as a tribute , when he passed way and I wear it with the same pride "Tommy" showed when he donned our colours

Count me in but as others have said the club need to promote this ie something on the OS to make it happen.
A true City legend and United hater but sadly he wasn't always appreciated by some of our supporters. I remember
him being booed when he returned to Maine Road when he played for Stoke. I think that was to do with him backing
Tony Book when Tony decided to sell Rodney Marsh. That really split the Kippax in two and for some the resentment
still festered. Personally I was always in the Tony Book camp.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Count me in but as others have said the club need to promote this ie something on the OS to make it happen.
A true City legend and United hater but sadly he wasn't always appreciated by some of our supporters. I remember
him being booed when he returned to Maine Road when he played for Stoke. I think that was to do with him backing
Tony Book when Tony decided to sell Rodney Marsh. That really split the Kippax in two and for some the resentment

Yeah remember the split, I was also in the Book - Doyle camp.

Academica said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:

Yeah remember the split, I was also in the Book - Doyle camp.

Book/Doyle v Marsh. Not even a contest when it comes to true blue legends.

mike_doyle_leagueCup1.ashx

kramer said:
Absolutely, couldn't think of anyone more deserving "Tommy" Doyle a true City legend who was a blue through and through he married a girl from our local grocers, use to see him as a kid. When the girl's parents got interested in City we went to the away games with them, Mike providing the tickets, and occasionally Mike's dad Tommy who was a Police Sargent at Reddish Police station. Mike's son married Glynn Pardoe's daughter what great genes their kids will have

By all accounts one doing okay in the football world so far

I have just let Mikes son know about this idea. This his response

"What a great gesture and thank you to all for trying to make it happen. My old Man would have been very proud"

Hopefully the club will help make his happen

There's one player, and one only, in the current team, that I place on the same level as Mike Doyle in terms of having blue blood flowing through his veins, and that's Zab. Won't be at Wembley, unfortunately, but I would love to see this tribute happen. It MUST happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.