Mike Doyle

Belfastblue

Mike Doyle is another all time favourite of mine along with Colin Bell but does anyone know if he still has contact with city. Mike was the last captain to lift a trophy before the fa cup and i would like to know if he was at wembley for the final. Surely this man could not been left out of all the celebrations as he had blue blood running through him.

as far as I know he still lives in my home town of Ashton and is City through and through, He doesn't seem to be in the same click as Franny , Summerbee and Bell though and isn't at the ground as often nowadays , shame because he was one of the best captains I can recall

He is often at COMS watching games but as "Ash Blue" said he isn't in that Book, Summerbee, Lee, Bell click but I have seen him walking in to a few games at COMS

squirtyflower said:
i've seen him in CB level 1 on numerous occasions, talking with his mates
seems to go to the game as a 'genuine' fan
What a legend.

He was the captain as I was growing up. Great player.

I would think he would get what he needed as and when, but sometimes it's hard, if you're also a true fan, not to scream and shout if you're in a corporate area or acting as an ambassador or something. I would think that if he frequents L1 of the CB then he's perfectly happy doing so.

Doyle is my favorite player

I know he wasn't the best ever player but I just loved his commitment and attitude and boy did he know how to rub the rags up the wrong way

top top bloke

Mike was wanted to attend by City , but was not well enough to attend suffering from diabetes. His son and grandson (also glynn pardoes grandson) did attend the final.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Blood-Mike-Doyle-Story/dp/1903158486" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Blood-Mike ... 1903158486</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.