Mike "I'm a Celebrity" Dean

Still one of the most corrupt refereeing decisions I've seen since a certain Alf Grey was in "charge" v the Dippers in the League Cup semi final all those years ago.

Plus ca change, plus la meme chose.
A few games standout even with all the shite refs we've had over the years 1970 onwards for me but that home semi stands out from most, it's up there with Alty v Chelsea, loads more could get dishonourable mentions as well.

If you read Graham Poll's book he says that he treated every game differently and even every player. So he'd give an early yellow card to a player who he felt he needed to keep tight control of but give some leeway to one he didn't.
To be fair to Poll he probably would have forgotten he'd booked him and would have had to book the same player two more times to send him off

Don’t mind Dean. Sure, his decision making postures are extrovert, but he gets more decisions right than most others.

Who would be your favourite referee from the past 20 years? Guessing it is hard for anyone to say as the understated ones that make the right calls fall under the radar and are forgotten, whilst the referees that are more extroverted seem to remain in the memory bank, whether they were right or wrong.

Is this the turd who’s a Tranmere fan, who was so obviously over celebrating the goal? If it is, he’s a proper fake. A pompous clown who I wouldn’t trust as far as I could throw.

Is this the turd who’s a Tranmere fan, who was so obviously over celebrating the goal? If it is, he’s a proper fake. A pompous clown who I wouldn’t trust as far as I could throw.
Correct.and a well known liverpool fan.who at one stage was removed from reffing their games.The tranmere bollocks was obviously fake-ive never ever seen the media focus on any ref celebrating a goal before in all my time watching Football-begs the question why the Bbc gave the incident such high profile at the time on their football website.As soon as Dean moved house a year or so again,he was back being involved in Liverpool matches.
All very strange.

Correct.and a well known liverpool fan.who at one stage was removed from reffing their games.The tranmere bollocks was obviously fake-ive never ever seen the media focus on any ref celebrating a goal before in all my time watching Football-begs the question why the Bbc gave the incident such high profile at the time on their football website.As soon as Dean moved house a year or so again,he was back being involved in Liverpool matches.
All very strange.

"Back being involved" - I don't know about a VAR count, but how many Liverpool matches do you think he's reffed since the start of last season? Or in total.

1 this season, Liverpool-Everton. None last season.
He did two Liverpool matches in 2016-7 - Everton-Liverpool, and Stoke-Liverpool (from soccerbase)
3 in total (from whoscored)
Also 3 total for Everton - the two derbies and Middlesborough-Everton in 2016-7 (from soccerbase)

Assuming those two stats sites are right*, as a Merseyside ref, he only reffed the two sides in 4 matches, two of which were derbies.

I've never heard him being called a Liverpool fan.

*I stopped looking on soccerbase when I got to 3 for each, but it's certainly the only matches in the last 3 2/3 seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.