Milan supporters - WTF is their problem?

First post so I hope it goes well.

I remember when we sold SWP and can honestly say I was at the time truly gutted. It also left a hole in our team thats only really got filled on his return. Even the the 21 million quid we got him did nothing to change my feelings on the sale.

Players with unique talent and very difficult to replace so I can understand why they are gutted.

Remember when we were in Division one?

Vultures were circling for Kinkladze.

We had all kinds of protests on the last day of the season.

jopapgh said:
Agree with Claytob (nice first post).

I remember the anger and frustration when SWP left. Closest I can remember to how the Milan fans feel.

I understand that but their dismissive, arrogant, holier-than-thou attitude to City makes me despise them. They talk like Italian Rag-mongerers. They seem to have that mentality, most of them.

Go on their message boards that say Kaka shouldn't go to a club like City and type: "just think of all the referees you can buy with that money"

Chippy_boy said:
I mean, we all love Stevie Ireland, right? Probably our most universally popular player, almost a dead cert for player of the season and maybe even our best all round player.

Would we really be kicking off if someone wanted to buy him from us for £108m? I don't think so. We'd be patting him on the back, thanking him for his services and wishing him luck in his new career.

£108m is a completely stupid bid for Kaka and Milan would be utterly insane not to accept it. Their supporters should think for 2 seconds and do the same!

I don't know - fair point about Stevie but I reckon the fans would go nuts if someone tried to poach Vassell from us, even if it was for that kind of money... there would be protests, death threats to the manager and chairman - and those would just be from the fans of the club signing him.

Pam said:
jopapgh said:
Agree with Claytob (nice first post).

I remember the anger and frustration when SWP left. Closest I can remember to how the Milan fans feel.

I understand that but their dismissive, arrogant, holier-than-thou attitude to City makes me despise them. They talk like Italian Rag-mongerers. They seem to have that mentality, most of them.

They'll pretty much like man united fans with the arrogant attitude i agree. Thinking that they're the best club ever ( hated them for that attitude).

But to be honest i can understand their frustration. Even though people are saying that they can build a top class team with that kind of money but when you really think about it ( even though people keep saying that they have a shity old team) but in reallity, their team is not that bad and old.

They have pretty good midfield with gattuso 30, pirlo 29, flamini 24, ronaldinho 28 and Kaka 26 (pretty decent average age and quality players). In the attack they have pato 19 (really good) and boriello 25 ( was 3rd highest goal scorer in the league last season). They're defence is poor this season thats for sure but their full backs are just decent "zambrotta and jankloveski" . Nesta just returned from a long injury plus they've bought a real quality Center back in "thiago silva" who will join them next season.

When all players are fit i would say thats a decent team that can win something in europe next season. So having Kaka in that team is considered very important to them to atleast win something next season. Their back up players are really poor though and thats their main weakness.....

Honestly, the only situation in England that would compare to Kaká in Milan in terms of fan admiration and accomplishments with the club would be if Liverpool were considering selling Gerrard.

somervillain said:
Honestly, the only situation in England that would compare to Kaká in Milan in terms of fan admiration and accomplishments with the club would be if Liverpool were considering selling Gerrard.

Which they would do in a heartbeat for £108m.

The only question the Milan fans have to ask themselves is this> Is Kaka worth £108m? Yes - then don't sell him. No - then sell him.

Clearly he isn't worth £108m (to them) so its a no brainer - sell him and get over it. He's a bloody footballer, not Jesus.

(He is worth £108m to us because we have so much money it hurts. And we need Kaka as a symbol of the great things that are going to happen at City. For us Kaka is about getting Abu Dhabi on the map. It's a bit like the Chinese spending umpteen billion on the Olympics. Was it worth it from a sporting perspective? No. From a political "putting China on the map" perspective - YES.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.