Milner back in midfield

Re: Milner back in midfield

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Joburg Hero said:
Milner is a wide man, simple as that. Not a CM, not good enough to play CM in our side unless it's an emergency.

-- Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:19 pm --

Benarbia_is_god said:
I'd drop Yaya for Milner too.
Lol, pathetic it really is. Yaya is one of the best controllers in the world, and you want him dropped. Some people just have no idea about football.

Spot on fella

The very thought of Milner at centre mid is laughable, he'd have to learn to pass 5 yards to a blue shirt first...... He's a belting squad player, undeniable committing and a real pro but it's like saying start Paul dickov ahead of Sergio!!

About sums it up.

sam-caddick said:
Joburg Hero said:
Fernandinho plays ahead of Yaya. People need to forget about this desire to have Yaya in an "advanced role", it's not going to happen, he's best from deep.

I disagree mate, its a complete myth.
Yaya is an average to very good defensive midfielder for us in my opinion
You seem to be misunderstanding what 'deep' actually means. Deep does not mean ball winner, it does not mean defensive midfielder, it just means literally deep, further back in the side than the other midfielders, you know?! Yaya is not our 'defensive midfielder', he's a controller, the playmaker from deep, exactly the same job that Pirlo does. He's the first man to collect the ball from the CBs, he's the only man in our side who's capable of breaking the opposition lines with ease, and while Fernandinho plays slightly ahead of Yaya, he is still the side's primary ball winner.

Dzeko's goal vs Cardiff was all Yaya, that's what Yaya brings to the side, something very few players in the world can actually do; play a perfect pass between the lines and open a side up, leaving the entire opposition midfield wrong side of the ball. No other player in our squad is capable of that.

Ha ha drop Yaya for Milner,that has to be an all time fuckin classic even by bluemoon's standards !

Joburg Hero said:
sam-caddick said:
Joburg Hero said:
Fernandinho plays ahead of Yaya. People need to forget about this desire to have Yaya in an "advanced role", it's not going to happen, he's best from deep.

You seem to be misunderstanding what 'deep' actually means. Deep does not mean ball winner, it does not mean defensive midfielder, it just means literally deep, further back in the side than the other midfielders, you know?! Yaya is not our 'defensive midfielder', he's a controller, the playmaker from deep, exactly the same job that Pirlo does. He's the first man to collect the ball from the CBs, he's the only man in our side who's capable of breaking the opposition lines with ease, and while Fernandinho plays slightly ahead of Yaya, he is still the side's primary ball winner.

Dzeko's goal vs Cardiff was all Yaya, that's what Yaya brings to the side, something very few players in the world can actually do; play a perfect pass between the lines and open a side up, leaving the entire opposition midfield wrong side of the ball. No other player in our squad is capable of that.

So what would be your ideal midfield line up given our current options?

FantasyIreland said:
Joburg Hero said:
sam-caddick said:

So what would be your ideal midfield line up given our current options?
------------Dzeko
Jovetic--Aguero--Silva
Fernandinho--Yaya

Swap Jovetic for Nasri if Jovetic doesn't settle well on the left.

Joburg Hero said:
------------Dzeko
Jovetic--Aguero--Silva
Fernandinho--Yaya

How disappointing.......i thought you might have come up with some tactical master stroke given your previous comment and the fact Yaya and Fernandinho,together,have looked shakier than a shitting dog.

Personally

--------Negredo------
Jovetic---Silva----Navas
--Fernandinho--Rodwell--

Works for me.

FantasyIreland said:
Joburg Hero said:
------------Dzeko
Jovetic--Aguero--Silva
Fernandinho--Yaya

How disappointing.......i thought you might have come up with some tactical master stroke given your previous comment and the fact Yaya and Fernandinho,together,have looked shakier than a shitting dog.

Personally

--------Negredo------
Jovetic---Silva----Navas
--Fernandinho--Rodwell--

Works for me.

Would love to see this happen.

Matt the Giant said:
FantasyIreland said:
Joburg Hero said:
------------Dzeko
Jovetic--Aguero--Silva
Fernandinho--Yaya

Personally

--------Negredo------
Jovetic---Silva----Navas
--Fernandinho--Rodwell--

Works for me.

Would love to see this happen.
Got to be a wind up..drop yaya for rodwell?!!!

Personally, given our struggles in midfield so far this season, I would sacrifice one of the front four to bolster the middle of the park against the better teams in the league.

Either Jimmy or Jack should play in front of the back four, IMHO. I think Rodwell just shades it for me because of his extra height. However, considering his injury record, I reckon Milner will play his share of games too.

......................Rodwell..........

Fernandinho................YaYa

Silva.................Agüero

....................Negredo..............

Alfie deserves his chance to start because his goal return / minutes played so far this season is excellent and Kun's ability to conjure a goal out of a half chance means he is worth his place in the side.

Navas and Jovetić have yet to prove they are good enough to displace Merlin.

I can't believe some of the posts I'm reading in this thread.

Drop Yaya for Rodwell? Rodwell who cant even get on the damn pitch?

Navas not good enough?

The bias on this site is hilarious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.