Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rammy Blue said:
simon23 said:
he put in a number of good crosses including the one for the goal but other than that he was just above average in an average england performance....

he aint worth the money that we are going to have to pay for him and if he is going to be our creative spark then he aint good enough.

granted he works hard and his crossing ability is good but in the creativity department he aint fit to lace irelands boots!!

Surprise surprise, simon in negative post shocker.....

PMSFL, would love to sit next to Simon at the matches, he is always so upbeat!

-- Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:48 am --

smithy167 said:
simon23 said:
read it again....i said just above average

some people are obviously easily impressed.

his crossing ability is good..ive never been in doubt about that...neither have i ever been in doubt about his work rate.......

but if we are looking at him as our box to box or creative influence then im sory...he aint good enough.....

he may well provide options but that is sometimes going to be fitting square pegs into round holes....if we need a left winger then we should be looking to get the best one we can...milner isnt that.....

if we are looking to get a creative midfielder....we should be after the best one we can get....milner certainly isnt that

if we are looking for a box to box midfielder and the best one we can get....then milner isnt it!!!

he is a good squad player but that is about it
A good squad player but that is about it? bullshit, he is a top young player who is only gonna get better, and the sort of player we should be trying to sign.

correct<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:49 am --<br /><br />
smithy167 said:
simon23 said:
ok...we will see
Yeah hopefully we will, miserable fucker.

a bit harsh - lose the last word and it would have been spot on

Man City fans:

I'd just like to apologise for my fellow Villa fan ( he claims to be). Probably the most load of bull I have ever heard. It's annoying too because his posts get people in an attack for the Villa and thats hard to see, but it's all coming from him. I'd advise you to just ignore him in the future. Most of us Villa fans actually do know what we are talking about.

On Milner: he was superb yesterday. Showing his form that he produced for us last year. I still think it is debatable whether he will be sold. I mean there is a lot of factors that will decide it. I am not sure if your guys will go as high as 30m but sure as hell know Randy won't go lower than that ( unless it's a swap deal). I don't want him to go but would seriously be tempted with a 30m offer on the table to be honest. The money for Barry was decent a year ago and everyone thought we'd crumble without him but surprisingly he wasn't missed in the Villa team last year. Like I say, no player is bigger than the football club and once that player expresses the desire to leave, it's hard to keep them their. As for Milner, I think he will keep quiet, sit tight and see what happens. If he is allowed to talk to you guys he will and will probably sign. If Villa and city don't agree terms then he will play on without moaning because Jimmy Milner is too good a professional for that. We shall see what happens but if this James Milner deal does go through and say it is for 30m then I think it's a good deal for everyone involved. You'd be getting a terrific player and money is not really an issue for you. Milner would get a real great shot at winning some silverware and we would be getting 30m which is a lot of money and could be used to improve the side itself. Shall see what happens, but I'm still doubtful that this deal will happen.

Last note, Richard Dunne, I understood you guys felt the need to get rid because ' Richard Dunne' doesn't exactly roll off the tongue in the Middle East. But he has been a revelation. I was struggling to see how O'Neill was going to replace Martin Laursen but he grabbed Dunne and James Collins for 10m for the pair and both have been brilliant, and Dunney won player of the year last season for us. 5m was a bargain and such a superb deal for the football club. Cheers guys.

Good luck fellas.

Tomorrows Mirror:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-James-Milner-plans-to-slap-in-transfer-request-to-force-through-Man-City-move-article495891.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Tr ... 95891.html</a>

This is what the mirror says so you have to click on the link:

James Milner will stun Aston Villa on his return from the World Cup by handing in a written transfer request if they attempt to block his £28 million move to Manchester City.

Milner has made it clear to England team-mates that he cannot ignore the kind of wages a move to Eastlands would guarantee. Moving to City would even be more lucrative than joining champions Chelsea.

Chelsea have refused to go above £20 million to secure the 24-year-old.

Villa boss Martin O’Neill shelved plans to open contract talks with Milner prior to the World Cup after City made the first of two opening offers to sign him, and Villa officials still hope they can talk Milner into staying.

But City refuse to be put off.

They are even prepared to pay £30m to receive official permission to thrash out personal terms with the player.

Taylor said:
Tomorrows Mirror:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-James-Milner-plans-to-slap-in-transfer-request-to-force-through-Man-City-move-article495891.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Tr ... 95891.html</a>

it's the mirror so its just made up speculation

I think villa already knew milner wanted to go so that's why they withdrew the contact offer.got a feeling though that Ireland and ned are gonna be part of the package.

Zimidy said:
Rage harder Mancs. Milner doesn't want to play with dogshit players like Benjani and Garrido. He wants to play with promising England Internationals like Ashley Young, Gabby Agbonlahor and Stewart Downing.

For who said it you can't even fill your stadium for half the matches you play, good luck trying to even half fill a 100,000 capacity stadium that isn't packed full of foreigners and tourists.

While your raiding Barcelona's bench for average players like Yaya, why not sign Henry? We all know Mancini likes ancient Arsenal players that are well past their best (Vieira, Toure etc).

wow you still at it zimidy,are you trying to make all villa fans look cunts or just yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.