Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who watched that game and prefers Milner to Ozil is a muppet. Those two players aren't on the same footballing planet.

hgblue said:
Anyone who watched that game and prefers Milner to Ozil is a muppet. Those two players aren't on the same footballing planet.
Which idiot would try and compare them?

Holland have Sneijder and De Jong in their midfield. Would you compare them?

You need all types of players to create a team. Milner's crosses have been the only consistent threat for England in this competition, and even today.

he was actually as good as anyone for england today. the nerves got to him just like the rest. he's only got ten caps, when the 60+ cap mob, the captain, vice captain, 'world class' talisman striker, all the senior players lose their heads, you can write off a few duff touches. for my money he was the only one who concentrated on getting into an offensive position where he knew he could create chances for his team-mates.

Having said that I do have one big concern. We have a lot of failed England players on our books already, several of whom played a big part in the failed euro qualification campaign. with the exception of Lescott, they have been amongst the poorer performers for city, yet they seem to carry around the arrogance that ruins our international team, and are prime examples of English players who lack any sort of match craft or intelligence. going down that route again is not an option for me. I think Milner is an honest guy tho, not arrogant, very hard working (and I don't just mean huff and puff, I mean he really works to get the tactical side right)... he's probably as intelligent as it gets for the england internationals, so I would still make an exception in his case. if things go to plan, he could well be the ideal player for our attacking midfield unit if his partner is someone as small and mercurial as silva.

lee-mcfc said:
i still dont want him he wouldnt change our team much
We need more attacking midfielders. Is Ireland staying? Can Johnson get back to his best? You can't rely on those two, so discounting those, who do we have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.