Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bart said:
okstate99 said:
I was wondering why they havent bought one player yet. And couldnt afford Joe Cole. Must be buckets of gold.. And today Harry was begging the board to let him spend some money. All adds up to me. 2+2=3 ;)

No offence mate, but you have to be absolutely deluded if you think spurs who have had shit wealthy backers for ages, won't have money after going into the CL. They always have money, its just that Levy wants a part in what gets bought. Very hung up on re sale values etc. Which is possibly why Cole wasn't signed, but exactly the reason why Milner may be.

I find the idea that Levy would sanction a £24m bid for Milner absolutely laughable, it simply isn't going to happen. Totally at odds with how he's run the club. And Spurs have already bought young Sandro for their midfield needs.

Add to which there's the new stadium and training ground to finance, and, well, you do the math as our cousins would say.

Bart said:
Show me that interest.

Seriously. Have you had your head buried in the sand? Look up the quotes from O'neill relating to our bid and how Milner expressed he wants to leave. Stop trying to be provocative for the sake of it. I was only arsed to reply to you because other posters are letting you get to them. Milner will be a city player.

Nah they are rolling in it atm. The stadium costs are zero problem due to their fan base and property pushing. So basically they got the money they normally spend x 5.<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:13 pm --<br /><br />
svennis pennis said:
Bart said:
Show me that interest.

Seriously. Have you had your head buried in the sand? Look up the quotes from O'neill relating to our bid and how Milner expressed he wants to leave. Stop trying to be provocative for the sake of it. I was only arsed to reply to you because other posters are letting you get to them. Milner will be a city player.

Nah I'm just interested in the quotes. It was said as an arguement why he would choose City above Spurs, I can't really see it as an arguement. AND I would like to see the quotes cause a lot of smoke is coming out from VP atm. that Milner actually would like to stay, but MON is getting zero money from randy this window unless he sells. i.e. why he is doing you over Milner.

Bart said:
Nah they are rolling in it atm. The stadium costs are zero problem due to their fan base and property pushing. So basically they got the money they normally spend x 5.
well we have the money we would spend x10000000000000000000000000

Cobwebcat said:
Citizens said:
Milner and Balotelli is all I want to close down the transfer market really!

and a lot of gelling (AGAIN!!!)
I have a theory on the gelling thing this season, last year all the new signings were thrown into one team all at once. This time round we will have more rotation meaning that it's unlikely that all the signings will be put together in the same team at once. This would mean there is less need for "gelling" as there may only be a few new signings at a time in the same team. Hopefully anyway because if we can get past the getting too know you stage quickly then our squad is awesome enough to challenge on all fronts.

OK bart. How are City and Villa going to do this season?

City 3rd
Villa 7th

Are you linked to anyone? MON must have a long list of targets, but your leaving it a bit late to replace Milner. Surely in your interests to do this deal now? City can afford to wait until deadline day, January, or next Summer.

Bart said:
Nah they are rolling in it atm. The stadium costs are zero problem due to their fan base and property pushing. So basically they got the money they normally spend x 5.

-- Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:13 pm --

svennis pennis said:

Nah I'm just interested in the quotes. It was said as an arguement why he would choose City above Spurs, I can't really see it as an arguement. AND I would like to see the quotes cause a lot of smoke is coming out from VP atm. that Milner actually would like to stay, but MON is getting zero money from randy this window unless he sells. i.e. why he is doing you over Milner.

no matter what we pay MON aint doing us because we are buying your best player from last season who will only better our team!

you do the maths m8.

all so did you read this MON not doing well bigging villa up at all.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1297400/Martin-ONeill-fears-Aston-Villa-Manchester-City-price-glory.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... glory.html</a>

Bart. There are quotes attributed to your manager that quite clearly state that Milner stated he wanted to leave after our bid. Your manager then said that our valuation is off with yours. If it is met then "it will be fine." I am not finding you quotes. Trawl the Internet yourself.

Re read what you have written. "Milner wants to stay"

O of course. That standard trick of publicly humiliating your players because you don't have money. Pull the other one. He will pick us over spurs as they are potential and positional wise a side ways move. You are always going to be close to spurs. Our ambition and prospects are far higher. Yes that is down to money but is is a fact.

You will also get the best deal from
Us.

I don't even know why I'm bothering as Milner is a take it or leave it from me. I don't see the fuss. Maybe I will once hejaz arrived.

Think you will finish 5th again. Think we will get 6-7th.

Won't really be an issue replacing Milner. You have to remember MON is good at this. He transformed Barry into the CM he is, got him into the England squad. We sold Barry people thought we would struggle, MON bought Milner and did exactly the same with him. Guess we will sign a fairly good CM who will become class under MON, and we got Delph coming back from injury.

I find it funny you actually think Milner will keep up the form for you that he had for us. He's no doubt a quality youth. But you have to remember what he was before MON got hold of him. You have to remember the faith Villa has shown in him. You might, and it's quite likely, end up with a very expensive bench player who stagnates completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.