Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd see Milner as a starting 11 player, tbh. But only as our best wide right player, not as a centre - mid. If he can reproduce the form out wide he showed when he was at Newcastle he'll be worth every penny. Far more reliable crosser and beater of left backs than anyone else we have (assuming AJ/DS stays left). And, with his work-rate, he'll be really popular with whoever we have playing at right-back.

Bayern would have a think about selling Schweinsteiger for this kind of money. I really like Milner and I think he will improve but seriously, who would you rather have?

I get the impression that we told Lazio to take it or leave it re Kolarov, and having intially tried to hold out for more, Lazio came back to the table and accepted our final offer. I think we did the same take it or leave it offer with Dzecko and we were prepared to let it kill the deal off altogether. So I think Villa will find that they aren't going to be getting £30M just by holding out long enough. They'd be well advised to understand that. And pretending that there is a bidding war between ourselves and Spuds re this is laughable. As is the strange announcement about Milner travelling with the rest of the Villa squad?
So bloody what, you Brummie idiots.

Oi Pam, less of the idiots ;)

I personally think that we'll come to an agreement re: Milner.

I think he'll hand in an official transfer request and go for about £26m.

Cobwebcat said:
Bayern would have a think about selling Schweinsteiger for this kind of money. I really like Milner and I think he will improve but seriously, who would you rather have?

Scweinsteiger all day every day, but would he come? Would you come to City with Real sniffing? No champions league cost us our chances with a lot of the talent out there. We have done incredibly well getting Silva, Toure et al (still cant believe it) but Schweinsteiger after the World Cup he had? Nope.

Monkfish said:
Cobwebcat said:

Scweinsteiger all day every day, but would he come? Would you come to City with Real sniffing? No champions league cost us our chances with a lot of the talent out there. We have done incredibly well getting Silva, Toure et al (still cant believe it) but Schweinsteiger after the World Cup he had? Nope.

Silva was a bigger coup so I don't see why not.

http://www.castrolfootball.com/rankings/rankings/?position=&nation=&team=&comp=#label

19 and 20

Monkfish said:
Cobwebcat said:

Might also have something to do with home grown quota in 25 man squad especially if we offload Ireland & Ned

Cobwebcat said:
Monkfish said:

Silva was a bigger coup so I don't see why not.

http://www.castrolfootball.com/rankings/rankings/?position=&nation=&team=&comp=#label

19 and 20

Garbage stats to be honest, unless you want to get an even 'bigger' coup and go for Marcus Hahnemann?

Schweinsteiger would be the biggest transfer story in world football this Summer imo and fully propel City into one of the big boys, just cant see it

FishFoot said:

I hope not. £24M is a bit of a pisstake as it is. He isn't worth anything like that, in reality.

Pam said:
FishFoot said:

I hope not. £24M is a bit of a pisstake as it is. He isn't worth anything like that, in reality.
I think Milner is worth about £15m.

But I'd like us to get lots of money for him and replace him with a better player that'll cost less. In an ideal world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.