Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people on here think Ireland's worth £15m+ and I'm sorry he just isn't. If he was rated at that then £24m for Milner is about right.

FishFoot said:
Pam said:
I hope not. £24M is a bit of a pisstake as it is. He isn't worth anything like that, in reality.
I think Milner is worth about £15m.

But I'd like us to get lots of money for him and replace him with a better player that'll cost less. In an ideal world.

Who've you got in mind?

Monkfish said:
Cobwebcat said:

Garbage stats to be honest, unless you want to get an even 'bigger' coup and go for Marcus Hahnemann?

Schweinsteiger would be the biggest transfer story in world football this Summer imo and fully propel City into one of the big boys, just cant see it

Not really. Are you saying Schweinsteiger is a better player than Tevez? More famous than Robinho?

Of course we have a chance to get him and for about what we are about to offer Villa for Milner.

FantasyIreland said:
FishFoot said:
I think Milner is worth about £15m.

But I'd like us to get lots of money for him and replace him with a better player that'll cost less. In an ideal world.

Who've you got in mind?

For the £24m for example, I think we could get Ireland from you guys and Scott Parker.

That would add a nice balance to play in our Centre Midfield.

Cobwebcat said:
Monkfish said:
Garbage stats to be honest, unless you want to get an even 'bigger' coup and go for Marcus Hahnemann?

Schweinsteiger would be the biggest transfer story in world football this Summer imo and fully propel City into one of the big boys, just cant see it

Not really. Are you saying Schweinsteiger is a better player than Tevez? More famous than Robinho?

Of course we have a chance to get him and for about what we are about to offer Villa for Milner.

Yes. No. Not really. (but love to be proved wrong)

Monkfish said:
Cobwebcat said:

bloody ell m8 he is a good player but biggest transfer story in world football i think not!

FishFoot said:
FantasyIreland said:
Who've you got in mind?

For the £24m for example, I think we could get Ireland from you guys and Scott Parker.

That would add a nice balance to play in our Centre Midfield.
Interesting,i rate Parker,however his game is limited,of which i'm sure you're aware,which leads to your suggestion for also signing Ireland.

So in essence you cannot come up with a direct replacement for Milner,and neither can Mancini,hence why we are so keen and willing to pay the premium.

leewill31 said:
Monkfish said:

bloody ell m8 he is a good player but biggest transfer story in world football i think not!

Name a bigger one - 'I think not' is a bit poor tbh, Villa to Barca, nope - it was expected

The driving force of the Champions League runners up and World Cup semi finalists to a Europa Cup team? Imo a bigger story. How many midfielders would you say are better than Schweinsteiger? Schneider maybe, Xavi definately. Not much else competing with Schweinsteiger from what I saw.

But its all about opinions I guess

Cobwebcat said:
Monkfish said:
Scweinsteiger all day every day, but would he come? Would you come to City with Real sniffing? No champions league cost us our chances with a lot of the talent out there. We have done incredibly well getting Silva, Toure et al (still cant believe it) but Schweinsteiger after the World Cup he had? Nope.

Silva was a bigger coup so I don't see why not.

http://www.castrolfootball.com/rankings/rankings/?position=&nation=&team=&comp=#label

19 and 20

yeah this ranking system is amazing.
i would say that Xavi is the 26th best player in the world and iniesta is 113th without a doubt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.