Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ali_bee said:
macmanson said:
I don't rate Milner at all and have been consistent in my views on that. I wouldn't pay a single cent for him. Some like him but for me, he offers the team fuck all. He's a an average grafter who scored most of his goals against teams in the bottom 5 positions of the league. He will do fuck all to help our team push on for a title push as he's nowhere near a top 4 club player. Dozens of other midfielders I'd prefer over him and would come at a far cheaper prize.

Given that we dropped points against 4 of the bottom 5 last season, perhaps that's not such a bad thing.

Milner was also the team's penalty taker so his goals are even that more skewed. This guy will generate fuck all for us from the midfield. He goes missing in the big games. Even Villa fans will tell you that.

macmanson said:
ali_bee said:
Given that we dropped points against 4 of the bottom 5 last season, perhaps that's not such a bad thing.

Milner was also the team's penalty taker so his goals are even that more skewed. This guy will generate fuck all for us from the midfield. He goes missing in the big games. Even Villa fans will tell you that.
so you wont be supporting him then????

macmanson said:
oakiecokie said:
Care to name any that we could afford and who wants to come ??
At the moment money is NOT an object so why are we slating off that Milner is NOT worth this,that or the other ?
He`s worth what the manager thinks.

Graham Dorrans from WBA would be a cheaper (less than 10m probably) and better buy in my opinion. Had an outstanding year in the championship with 13 goals and 19 assists in 42 games. Just like AJ, I think he'd easily adapt to the premier league. Danny Rose from Tottenham looks like a good prospect mid who can play all mid positions but excels at the wing. An England U21 as well. I'd even prefer David Bentley over Milner.

No, money is not an object for us at the moment but pride and reputation is. If this deal goes through, we'll have every club in the world believing they can hold us over a barrell and force us to pay 2 times what a player is worth. Milner is simply not worth the amount of money + players being talked about. It's a ridiculous deal we should have walked away from after the 20m bid was turned down.

hahaha absolutely ridiculous
i would rather keep ireland than have any of the above mentioned grace our elite squad

macmanson said:
ali_bee said:

Good job you're in Canada, you won't have to watch him play.

macmanson said:
ali_bee said:

3rd in assists table last season. And defends as well

The Fixer said:
Have to trust city/Bobby on this one.

I find this the most annoying quote on the Bluemoon Forum. I do not have to trust Bobby on this one or any other decision. Trust is not demanded but earned and Mancini has done nothing onfield since he arrived at City to earn my trust yet.

macmanson said:
The Fixer said:
Have to trust city/Bobby on this one.

I find this the most annoying quote on the Bluemoon Forum. I do not have to trust Bobby on this one or any other decision. Trust is not demanded but earned and Mancini has done nothing onfield since he arrived at City to earn my trust yet.
lol!! how long have you been a blue mate??

macmanson said:
oakiecokie said:
Care to name any that we could afford and who wants to come ??
At the moment money is NOT an object so why are we slating off that Milner is NOT worth this,that or the other ?
He`s worth what the manager thinks.

Graham Dorrans from WBA would be a cheaper (less than 10m probably) and better buy in my opinion. Had an outstanding year in the championship with 13 goals and 19 assists in 42 games. Just like AJ, I think he'd easily adapt to the premier league. Danny Rose from Tottenham looks like a good prospect mid who can play all mid positions but excels at the wing. An England U21 as well. I'd even prefer David Bentley over Milner.

No, money is not an object for us at the moment but pride and reputation is. If this deal goes through, we'll have every club in the world believing they can hold us over a barrell and force us to pay 2 times what a player is worth. Milner is simply not worth the amount of money + players being talked about. It's a ridiculous deal we should have walked away from after the 20m bid was turned down.

You must be from B.C as the only explanation for this nonsense is that you have been smoking far too much bud, eh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.