Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimma said:
Heres a few videos of Milner i like.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIDScrUSeno" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIDScrUSeno</a> - Especially at 2:30. very nice work.

and

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4obtNs5fUpk&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4obtNs5f ... re=related</a>

definately a great all rounder. can take free kicks/penalties, can beat his man with the ball, high work rate, can play various positions.

great buy. bit pricey, but he will do well. although he may find it hard backing up the young player of the year award performances. i guess we will have to wait and see.

will be great signing

villa fan in peace lads,
firstly you guys seem to think all your getting for you money is a work horse utility player, Jimmy Milner is much much more than that. He has been raised as a winger but since O'neill switched him to centre mid he's been a revelation, he's got the best engine in the prem, he's still making sixty yard runs in the 93rd minute, he's got great vision for a through ball, can shoot from anywhere, and because he was a winger he ghosts past people in the middle of the park like they're not there and when he drops wide to help out your wingers he can put in great crosses with either foot ( yes he's two footed left or right makes no difference to jimmy) i'm qualified to tell you this as i've watched nearly every game he's played for the villa, you guys are basing your knowledge on MOTD highlights you just haven't seen enough to analize his game, trust me your your getting one hell of a player who's just gettin better and better god knows how good he'll become training with your squad! in the long run 18 mill and Ireland will seem a bargain and it aint like your stuck for the dough is it.

so what are we getting in Ireland? I thought he was class two years ago, but i've seen a lot of players over the years who were class two years ago who disappear never to be seen again......villa signed most of em.

Anyway good luck with knocking them big headed bastards up the road down a peg or two, I for one cant wait to see old purple nose's face when they're not even the best team in manchester

^ thank you my Villa friend. You clearly don't post on Villatalk !

I will be more than happy to have James Milner at City. As for Steven Ireland, one excellent season playing with Elano & Robinho but he was poor last season and his lack of application when the ball was lost was at times inexcusable.

Good luck to Villa

Sadly Villaparkb6 what you look like getting is a man in love with 'bling'.
For your sake & Stevies I hope an Irsh manager can return him to the player he was when he won our player of the year. You could have quite a connection there if you also bring in Keane with Dunnie & Ireland.

villaparkb6 said:
villa fan in peace lads,
firstly you guys seem to think all your getting for you money is a work horse utility player, Jimmy Milner is much much more than that. He has been raised as a winger but since O'neill switched him to centre mid he's been a revelation, he's got the best engine in the prem, he's still making sixty yard runs in the 93rd minute, he's got great vision for a through ball, can shoot from anywhere, and because he was a winger he ghosts past people in the middle of the park like they're not there and when he drops wide to help out your wingers he can put in great crosses with either foot ( yes he's two footed left or right makes no difference to jimmy) i'm qualified to tell you this as i've watched nearly every game he's played for the villa, you guys are basing your knowledge on MOTD highlights you just haven't seen enough to analize his game, trust me your your getting one hell of a player who's just gettin better and better god knows how good he'll become training with your squad! in the long run 18 mill and Ireland will seem a bargain and it aint like your stuck for the dough is it.

so what are we getting in Ireland? I thought he was class two years ago, but i've seen a lot of players over the years who were class two years ago who disappear never to be seen again......villa signed most of em.

Anyway good luck with knocking them big headed bastards up the road down a peg or two, I for one cant wait to see old purple nose's face when they're not even the best team in manchester

I understand what you say about Milner and can agree a lot of people make decisions from a handful of live games and highlights on MOTD.

As a fan you notice a lot more of a player when you watch him week in week out, sounds like we will be getting next real ENGLAND star.

Thanks also for your comments about rags being knocked off there perch, boy have I waited long enough for that.

The squad Mancini is putting together is excellant, he can change his team selections in numerous ways with the talent at his disposal, only problem he has is keeping them all happy, but I am sure winning games will help that.

Ireland was a revelation 08/09 season, played regular and in the right position I am sure he will come good again. It doesnt suit him to play 1 game miss a few then play again, he needs to feel important on the pitch. His form dipped as soon as we started signing bigger names. Sure he will be a good asset under Martin O'neil

Was reading today that Villa are waiting for the Milner money to buy Keane, and Spurs are waiting to sell before they can start their purchases.

So waiting until as late as possible (hopefully September 2) could well benefit us and piss of Spuds.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjpXb6UJGb0&feature=related[/youtube]

omg what a legend roflrofl

villaparkb6 said:
villa fan in peace lads,

eloquently put mate and I agree with every word; re Stevie I if you get the player of 2 seasons ago you get a belter, if it is the player of last season much less so, but the talent is there and if anyome can get it out of him it is MON

villaparkb6, Hiya!
Discounting his very dubious Username BBS has basically put it in a nut-shell.
Speaking of which you might want to keep an eye on old Stevie as, mentally, I don't think he is playing with his boots laced up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.