Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/10/james-milner-aston-villa-manchester-city-transfer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... y-transfer</a>

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Sheikh Django said:
How very fascinating Tolmie! Do enlighten us a little if you would be so kind.

There is no Milner interest, there has never been a bid, there is no bid. We have never fancied him since mid May.

Milner is just a ruse, so we could help Randy Lerner push O'Neill out.

Win-Win, you see ;)

I dont think ive ever read as much rubbish about city in all my life and there has been a lot. I think you have been playing on football manager a little too much.

Hughesey212 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
There is no Milner interest, there has never been a bid, there is no bid. We have never fancied him since mid May.

Win-Win, you see ;)

I dont think ive ever read as much rubbish about city in all my life and there has been a lot. I think you have been playing on football manager a little too much.
WOOOOOOOSH

Hughesey212 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Win-Win, you see ;)

OOOOOOOPPPPPPSSSIIIEEESSSSSS

James Milner's protracted transfer from Aston Villa to Manchester City is finally set to go through on Thursday after the two clubs agreed a package worth about £26m.

Stephen Ireland – whose agent today held talks with the Villa chief executive, Paul Faulkner – will sign for Villa as part of the deal, providing he reaches a settlement with City over the remainder of his contract. Discussions will take place between Ireland's representative and City's hierarchy tomorrow morning.

Ireland has been valued at £10m, meaning that Villa will receive a further £16m in cash in addition to the former Republic of Ireland midfielder. Should Ireland pull out of the transfer – there is no indication that is likely to happen at the moment despite Martin O'Neill's resignation yesterday – Milner will move to Eastlands in a straight cash deal. Both players have been pencilled in for medicals at their respective new clubs on Thursday and could make their debuts at the weekend.

The latest development will come as a relief to all parties involved. The Guardian revealed City's interest in Milner almost four months ago but negotiations between the two clubs have dragged on. City tabled a £20m bid in May that was flatly rejected, with Villa holding out for closer to £30m for a player who cost £12m two years ago. In the end Villa agreed to lower their demands although many of the club's supporters will feel pleased by the final outcome.

Ireland's inclusion as a makeweight in the transfer was thrown into doubt when O'Neill unexpectedly quit, but the talks that had been agreed before that development went ahead as planned. The 23-year-old, who was voted City's player of the year at the end of the 2008-09 season, appears to have accepted that he has no future with Roberto Mancini in charge. Having signed a lucrative five-year contract with City little more than 12 months ago, he will hope to negotiate a sizeable settlement.

Hughesey212 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Win-Win, you see ;)

Haha ;-) Justalittlemoreffortclarkie

BibbyBlue85 said:
Hughesey212 said:

OOOOOOOPPPPPPSSSIIIEEESSSSSS

go swivel.

anyway, someone asked for the grandadinu article?
James Milner's protracted transfer from Aston Villa to Manchester City is finally set to go through on Thursday after the two clubs agreed a package worth about £26m.

Stephen Ireland – whose agent today held talks with the Villa chief executive, Paul Faulkner – will sign for Villa as part of the deal, providing he reaches a settlement with City over the remainder of his contract. Discussions will take place between Ireland's representative and City's hierarchy tomorrow morning.

Ireland has been valued at £10m, meaning that Villa will receive a further £16m in cash in addition to the former Republic of Ireland midfielder. Should Ireland pull out of the transfer – there is no indication that is likely to happen at the moment despite Martin O'Neill's resignation yesterday – Milner will move to Eastlands in a straight cash deal. Both players have been pencilled in for medicals at their respective new clubs on Thursday and could make their debuts at the weekend.

The latest development will come as a relief to all parties involved. The Guardian revealed City's interest in Milner almost four months ago but negotiations between the two clubs have dragged on. City tabled a £20m bid in May that was flatly rejected, with Villa holding out for closer to £30m for a player who cost £12m two years ago. In the end Villa agreed to lower their demands although many of the club's supporters will feel pleased by the final outcome.

Ireland's inclusion as a makeweight in the transfer was thrown into doubt when O'Neill unexpectedly quit, but the talks that had been agreed before that development went ahead as planned. The 23-year-old, who was voted City's player of the year at the end of the 2008-09 season, appears to have accepted that he has no future with Roberto Mancini in charge. Having signed a lucrative five-year contract with City little more than 12 months ago, he will hope to negotiate a sizeable settlement.

Stuart James is a midlands football correspondent. I'm holding fire before I judge this deal, all these facts and figures, all these stories are coming from the Villa camp. All that's happened today, according to that article, is that Ireland's agent didn't knock it on the head. There is still a fair way to go before Ireland signs for Villa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.