Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
just watched most of the Villa/West Ham match. Milner was immense. Total commitment all over the pitch and his offensive instincts are quality too. I think the Gerrard comparison was spot on. Oh a hair bellow of course but he is still so young. Get this done!

bobmcfc said:
i think they will ask for even more money after his performance yesterday. sigh

i dont think so, he was just as strong last season.

but who knows! i hope it gets done soon

bobmcfc said:
i think they will ask for even more money after his performance yesterday. sigh
I would think,and certainly hope,we're at a much more advanced stage than that.Milner,being the character i believe he is,would probabaly have requested that 'goodbye' appearance yesterday as a condition of the transfer and in spite of the deal being in place.

I'm new to this feed chaps, so hello!

I really think City need to move swiftly on the Milner transfer TODAY; agree that after his performance and Lerner's comments (whether accurate or not) AV may start to play silly b****rs on this. If Ireland's demands are causing the delay, then I would simply pay CASH to get the deal done; but by informing Ireland of this strategy, it puts pressure on him given that he's not even in the 25 squad and he wants to play somewhere, so may bring the thing back on line in any event.

People say Milner is not worth more than £20m; my view is that he's worth what we are willing to pay for him. I was disappointed with SWP yesterday against Spurs and imagined how Milner would have fared out on the right; I think he would have done better, and am pretty certain he would have put away that chance in the opening mins of the second half - or atleast got a shot off in time.

Let's see what unfolds today...

So where are all the doubters? Not that long ago you were bigging up the rest of your squad as better than Milner. Just proves one shit performance from your lot and a good solid performance from Milner and the love fest begins.

Would rather us keep him but if you're throwing silly money round and a player who less than two seasons ago were bigging up as the next best thing we'd be silly not to accept. If what we hear is true his price might have gone up too! Luckily money doesn't matter to your Sheikh.

Slightly off topic but does it not worry you that one of your best performers last season is also off? Bellamy was excellent last season and it seems all this money spent just keeps upsetting the balance of your team. You missed Bellamy yesterday and it won't be long until your search for a new manager begins. Why was Zabaleta brought on instead of a left footed Lescott? I was under the impression that he has played LB a bit before too. Has another big buy for your club been cast aside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.