Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if supermans is due this in his deal ,
then we should just pay it and move on .Lets be fair would you walk away if your contract gave you a pay off ?? ... i doubt it

Knowing Ireland he would just piss away the 2 million buying a diamond encrusted remote control or something

As has been said I can't see this being the money, Ireland just doesn't want to go to Villa. Maybe if they had a manager.

It would be a big blow for us not to sign Milner.

dw7 said:
BLUEMOONBAZ said:
I think if supermans is due this in his deal ,
then we should just pay it and move on .Lets be fair would you walk away if your contract gave you a pay off ?? ... i doubt it

if it could damage my career i would yeah

Ok .. but if you stay and cant do your job and then you damage your career even more , then next time its not villa its wolves or stoke on the horizon.
I understand stevie wants to stay and work it out but with the 25 man squad deaL. It aint gonna happen ..so time to move on m8 get what you can and move to a decent side whilst you still can .

As has been said I can't see this being the money, Ireland just doesn't want to go to Villa. Maybe if they had a manager.

This. Hes settled in Manchester with his wife and kids he doesnt want to go especially to a club where he would have to move and with no manager.

It would be a big blow for us not to sign Milner.

Starting to think this as well, the way he performed for Villa on Saturday and they way Mancini obviously wants to play away from home and in the tough games.

Anyway I certainly wont be giving Stevie any grief as :

(A) he has shown the club and fans respect by keeping his mouth shut.

(B) He obviously doesnt want to go to Villa - he has a contract with us fair enough.

(C) We have no idea if hes contractually entitled to the money. If it says in his contract he gets X amount if we sell and he doesnt ask for a transfer then we owe him the money.

At the end of the day the amount of money we are spaffing on players what difference does £2 million make anyway ? We are going to end up writing off well over £30 MILLION on the likes of Robinho, RSC and Bellamy combined.....

I hope Ireland agrees to join Villa and City get Milner.

But if Ireland stays I like I am sure the vast majority of City fans will be get fully behind him. I was bemused and confused by his performances last season, particularly the home League Derby, but if he applies himself like he has done before we know what a good player he can be.

It's too simplistic to say that if Ireland doesn't do what Mancini/Marwood would like he is acting against City. Who's to say Mancini is acting in the best interests of the club? He might think he is, but he might well be wrong. I am usually blinkered by loyalty to always back the manager, but in hindsight when the blinkers are off I think how stupid I have been. Before now I've defended Alan Ball and Joe Royle to the hilt.

We don't really know what goes on behind the scenes with players and the manager so we shouldn't be so quick to condemn and write players off.

I'd love to see Milner at City, but I am very confident that if Ireland decides to stay he will still have the goodwill of 99% of City fans, and he like every other player will always have that while they put the effort in.

At the end of the day, Stevie Ireland will do what is in his own self interest, and I hope that coincides with City. I have no idea if City would be able to buy Milner for a straight cash deal.

In short lets not condemn players just because it seems to be getting in the way of what City's management want to do. The players are human beings with families and affinity to City as well and not pieces of meat. I am sure City's management recognise this as well.

I also hope that there we can maintain a good relationship with Villa and their fans through this saga. The fact that we're been after their players is a back-handed compliment to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.