Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Milner Will Cost 30 million

city have stated they won't be taken for a ride, they won't pay stupid prices.

If we pay over 20mill for Milner then we've been done good and proper.

i'm hardly ecstatic about him anyway, said that from day one, is he just looking good in a villa side because he's one of their best?

you could say that about Barry, he looked like a world beater at Villa, he's done well for us, but i know alot of people would have expected so much more from him this season.

Barry could well be replaced if we get the targets we want I should imagine. I'd hope for a better season from him this coming season with (without meaning to sound disrespectful) a better standard of midfield around him. Milner's a good player, but not a great one. I fear he could be average in our side though personally. He's very much a no-frills player anyway, but...I don't know...I'd rather have Arteta than Milner personally.

Freestyler said:

i'm hardly ecstatic about him anyway, said that from day one, is he just looking good in a villa side because he's one of their best?

you could say that about Barry, he looked like a world beater at Villa, he's done well for us, but i know alot of people would have expected so much more from him this season.

Freeswtlyer, I think Milner is really spliting opinion on here. Dont get me wrong he isnt a world beater, however I think he has a fair bit going for him. He has improved significantly over the last year or so, when Vill apaid Newcastle £12m I thought they were mad but imo he 'could' develop into a fantastic central midfielder (could being the emphasis). Of course he isnt worth £30m or anywhere near it but he would add value, quality and goals to our midfield.

BlueMark said:
Freestyler said:

Freeswtlyer, I think Milner is really spliting opinion on here. Dont get me wrong he isnt a world beater, however I think he has a fair bit going for him. He has improved significantly over the last year or so, when Vill apaid Newcastle £12m I thought they were mad but imo he 'could' develop into a fantastic central midfielder (could being the emphasis). Of course he isnt worth £30m or anywhere near it but he would add value, quality and goals to our midfield.

He's had one good season Mark. He 'could' be the next Frank Lampard for us, but it doesn't necessarily mean he will be and at the price we're being quoted it'd be a very expensive mistake given the contract we'd give him and the amount of money we'd give Villa to strengthen their team.

C_T_I_D said:
BlueMark said:

He's had one good season Mark. He 'could' be the next Frank Lampard for us, but it doesn't necessarily mean he will be and at the price we're being quoted it'd be a very expensive mistake given the contract we'd give him and the amount of money we'd give Villa to strengthen their team.[/quot

I totally agree CTID and I am not advocating spending that on him at all. Personally I think we could spend it better elsewhere, however I am not the boss :-)

Re: Milner on verge of joining City for £28 Million

James Milner expected to complete £28m move from Aston Villa to Manchester City
By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 10:00 PM on 9th June 2010
Comments (0) Add to My Stories Manchester City and Aston Villa are close to agreeing a £28million deal for England midfielder James Milner.

The 24-year-old is expected to agree a five year deal at City worth around £80,000 a week.

Aware of the likely loss of one of their key players, Villa have attempted to soften the blow by preparing a move for attacking Anderlecht midfielder Mbark Boussoufa.

International star: James Milner's stock has risen dramatically under the guidance of Martin O'Neill at Aston Villa
The 25-year old, Dutch-born but with 15 caps for Morocco, has been voted Belgium's player of the year for the past two seasons and is also a target for Hamburg and Bayer Leverkusen.

Villa are firm favourites to sign him for around £8million but that is unlikely to appease Martin O'Neill over the loss of Milner.

The Villa manager has already expressed concern over the extent of his transfer budget this summer, and having to sacrifice Milner will only heighten the sense of uncertainty over his own future.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1285375/James-Milner-expected-complete-28m-Aston-Villa-Manchester-City.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0qORAzFVT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0qORAzFVT</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.