Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
cityman14364 said:
very reliable? hes on the motorway as we speak? you call that reliable? and if hes so in the know why hes listening to someone else? think i`ll wait for the OS to confirm or deny thanks

That was what was thought at that time, a few people were saying that. MM even said on an earlier page that the info was from another forum poster he had just past on over her.

He may have just wanted a quick burger king at one of the many burger kings on the m6.

cityman14364 said:
Benarbia said:
Dead deal from what I hear which is a shame because I think we really need him

i hope your hearing right.. that sends out a message, you want to put a city tax on a mediocre player? and thats all he is at the end of the day... go looksomewhere else.. but we know and they know,they wont get anywhere near what we offered in the future

Was it not Milner himself who put the deadline on it, because he was tired of City taking so long to negotiate with Ireland?

So nothing to do with City tax.

irreverent ad said:
cityman14364 said:
can we get a few things straight he regarding the claims it wont be a straight cash deal....firstly mysteryman.. why do you say this? and dont start with this not enough time to find a replacement crap.youve known before milner flew to the world cup he wanted to go.. so what have u been doing all this time? let me enlighten you.. youve sat on your arse not even looking for a replacement bcoz u want to screw every penny out of us you can bcoz noone else is going to pay anyhere near what you want, secondly you saying its not for cash isnt viable,your credibility went out of the window with ``hes on the motorway`` crap.. so rather than heresay why not try giving your own opinion.. heres my take on it, hes over priced, the yanks in financial difficulty and wants the cash and make no mistake mysteryman money does talk especially after a world wide recession and hes pumped so much in already.. i feel for milner in all this, we sposed to want him and we`re sat on our hands too.. villa sposed to want him yet agree a price with us..and you made it public as well..id walk away, hes over priced and i dont want to be taken to the cleaners again,happened to many times.theres better out there for the money

MYSTERYMAN is a guy who has a lot of credibility. He is the most reliable ITK. He is like your 'Tolmie'. Everyone gets bad info once in a while.

Also a lot of City fans think our owner or club is in financial crisis. This is just not true. Lerner has always wanted the club to be self sufficient within 5-7 years. The problem is wages have spiralled to over 80% of Turnover. He does not see this as sustainable. It is not a problem as he is a wealthy man but from a business point, where Villa can stand on their own 2 feet, he would like to bring that down to 65-70% (to a figure similar to Spurs).

Selling Milner will not make too much of a difference as he is a first team player with wages of £35-40k. The ones he wants rid of are Sidwell (£50k), Heskey (£62k), Beye (£40k) etc.

I dare say we probably have £25-30m to spend, but why would we want the wage bill to get to 100% of T/O?

if that is true and i dont know i`ll admit, you claim you have upto 30 mill to spend, ? then i will ask you 2 questions,

1) if you have that much ,why havent you sought a replacement for milner?

2) if you have that much ,why according to your own fans and you have heard it said, have you got a sell to buy policy?<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:31 am --<br /><br />
irreverent ad said:
cityman14364 said:
i hope your hearing right.. that sends out a message, you want to put a city tax on a mediocre player? and thats all he is at the end of the day... go looksomewhere else.. but we know and they know,they wont get anywhere near what we offered in the future

Was it not Milner himself who put the deadline on it, because he was tired of City taking so long to negotiate with Ireland?

you want 30 million quid for someone whos barely worth half that? that my friend is a city tax

cityman14364 said:
irreverent ad said:
MYSTERYMAN is a guy who has a lot of credibility. He is the most reliable ITK. He is like your 'Tolmie'. Everyone gets bad info once in a while.

Also a lot of City fans think our owner or club is in financial crisis. This is just not true. Lerner has always wanted the club to be self sufficient within 5-7 years. The problem is wages have spiralled to over 80% of Turnover. He does not see this as sustainable. It is not a problem as he is a wealthy man but from a business point, where Villa can stand on their own 2 feet, he would like to bring that down to 65-70% (to a figure similar to Spurs).

Selling Milner will not make too much of a difference as he is a first team player with wages of £35-40k. The ones he wants rid of are Sidwell (£50k), Heskey (£62k), Beye (£40k) etc.

I dare say we probably have £25-30m to spend, but why would we want the wage bill to get to 100% of T/O?

if that is true and i dont know i`ll admit, you claim you have upto 30 mill to spend, ? then i will ask you 2 questions,

2) if you have that much ,why according to your own fans and you have heard it said, have you got a sell to buy policy?

1)We don't have a manager yet. BUT we would take Ireland and change our formation.

2) Wages, as I explained above.

-- Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:33 am --

cityman14364 said:
irreverent ad said:

2) if you have that much ,why according to your own fans and you have heard it said, have you got a sell to buy policy?

-- Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:31 am --

irreverent ad said:

you want 30 million quid for someone whos barely worth half that? that my friend is a city tax

But a deal has been agreed!!! It is the Ireland pay off holding it up. So it is not stalling over a price being agreed. It is over City negotiating with their own player.

irreverent ad said:
cityman14364 said:
can we get a few things straight he regarding the claims it wont be a straight cash deal....firstly mysteryman.. why do you say this? and dont start with this not enough time to find a replacement crap.youve known before milner flew to the world cup he wanted to go.. so what have u been doing all this time? let me enlighten you.. youve sat on your arse not even looking for a replacement bcoz u want to screw every penny out of us you can bcoz noone else is going to pay anyhere near what you want, secondly you saying its not for cash isnt viable,your credibility went out of the window with ``hes on the motorway`` crap.. so rather than heresay why not try giving your own opinion.. heres my take on it, hes over priced, the yanks in financial difficulty and wants the cash and make no mistake mysteryman money does talk especially after a world wide recession and hes pumped so much in already.. i feel for milner in all this, we sposed to want him and we`re sat on our hands too.. villa sposed to want him yet agree a price with us..and you made it public as well..id walk away, hes over priced and i dont want to be taken to the cleaners again,happened to many times.theres better out there for the money

Yeah but if you keep Milner he's going to want a new contract for at least double what you're paying him. Plus nobody seems to keen to take Heskey, Sidwell & Beye off your hands - not likely to either on those wages

dave_blue12 said:
irreverent ad said:

Yeah but if you keep Milner he's going to want a new contract for at least double what you're paying him. Plus nobody seems to keen to take Heskey, Sidwell & Beye off your hands - not likely to either on those wages

You are correct Milner would want a wage rise. Lerner is happy to do that as he is a key player who plays regularly. Also we have lost Harewood, Shorey and Bouma this summer so there is space for Young and Milner to get new contracts.

But no, at the moment no one is keen on Heskey, Sidwell or Beye. BUT these are the types of players that some clubs might look at as we get nearer deadline day.

Selling Milner will not make too much of a difference as he is a first team player with wages of £35-40k. The ones he wants rid of are Sidwell (£50k), Heskey (£62k), Beye (£40k) etc

wasnt milner going to be offered a new contract at 75k a week? hardly going to bring the bill down is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.