Milner next season

mancitymick said:
Milner will be talked about like Barry. Not flair players but gives his all. Another one, without him we would not be CHAMPIONS

Yes.

Honestly I've always seen Milner as a mistake purchase. When the going got tough down the stretch and Mancini was forced to use his best 11 every game, Milner was not part of that. After the Sporting debacle in Lisbon, he never really played much again last season.

To me he has always been average for club and country.

Blue Haze said:
Honestly I've always seen Milner as a mistake purchase. When the going got tough down the stretch and Mancini was forced to use his best 11 every game, Milner was not part of that. After the Sporting debacle in Lisbon, he never really played much again last season.

To me he has always been average for club and country.

True, yet remember that Milner was a key part of our squad pre-January.

If it weren't for him we wouldn't have demolished teams like we did and it's his work rate that kept us strong.

Being so versatile makes him important, even if it's just cover on the bench.

Can play him at right back, defensive midfield, attacking midfield, either wing. Pretty much anywhere. He will just come in and do his job. He may not be a flash name but I think he's important.

He is a good squad player and never lets the side down.His weakness is that he is very average at passing,apart from his energy he has not got match winning skill and in this team it stands out.

His versatility is probably his downfall, just like it was for Ian Brightwell. In other words, he is a jack of all trades, master of none and as such is a very useful member of the squad and therefore a great asset to have on the bench.

He will get plenty of game time next season, IMHO, and will still be a key member of our squad.

de niro said:
Aguero_Element said:
Barand Milner are different players, but Milner has a great pass on him like Barry, but Barry is a great tackler in midfield

both are brilliant players and without doubt need to be in our squad. the difference is Barry's reading of the game, very clever player and better than anyone else at the club for this.
This is the big difference, Barry is a very intelligent player and keeps things nice and tidy. Hopefully Milner can do his job.

franksinatra said:
Milner is a great grafter, picked up some useful assists but doesnt quite fit in with the DNA of the team.

Its a prerequisite of any regular in the team to be comfortable on the ball as Mancini philosophy is to retain possession at all costs from both an offensive and defensive point of view.

Milner can be sloppy on occasions and lacks consistency in the quality of his passing, furthermore he doesnt have the guile or vision of a Nasri or Silva. I cannot imagine him replacing Barry as he doesnt have the positional sense or sixth sense like Barry who always seems to be in the correct position to retrieve or disrupt the oppositions play.

Still he can offer the team drive but its difficult to see where he actually fits in the first choice eleven.

Completely agree with this. Milner was fantastic in the 6-1 exploiting the space Evra left, he can cross a ball and his energy and work rate are probably the best at the club.

However, playing centrally, he takes too long to make decisions, and often chooses the wrong one. Barry, who is one of the most underrated players in the league, reads the game magnificantly, and the speed and quality of his decision making in the middle of the park is incredible.

In my opinion i would like to keep him around if hes ok with being used sparingly like he was last season..i really would only want him as a potential Defensive mid other than that i can live with or without him...solid player tho but on a world class squad trying to fit beside Barcelona,Real,Bayern i think hes replaceable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.