Milner or Nasri?

Milner. His work rate and effort is unrivalled. May not have the skill or football brain of Nasri but his work ethic is enough for me.

Nasri is a skilful player but I find myself frustrated by him a lot. He has had a decent season so far, but if I had to choose...

To be fair, why are we choosing one over the other? Why can’t we offer jimmy a new deal and keep both?

Milner has the highest chances created (a chance created every 23 minutes) in the premier league. He is more than just "workrate".

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2862150/James-Milner-pips-Cesc-Fabregas-Angel-di-Maria-best-minutes-chances-created-ratio-Premier-League.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eague.html</a>

Lol. Glad fans don't have input to player selections. Given that our last manager and current one, managers that won us actual trophies, managers that worked with both players closely week in week out, prefer nasri to Milner 9/10 times when it comes to playing them, tells us a lot.

Fans of Milner hardworking style need to just give it a rest. He is great and professional and all that but his skill set is more easily replaceable. And right now he isn't keen to sign that contract. Given any other player like yaya or Dzeko in a situation like that, they would have been blasted for being an arse already

In a team without Silva or Yaya, it would have to be Nasri. However, if we have Yaya and Silva available, I would prefer Milner.

I can't actually believe three or four people have said Milner is a better player than Nasri. As I've said before, it's a unique phenomenon to City that a certain set of fans value work rate "tracking back" and "wanting it" more than they do footballing talent. It started when we went down to the third division, and because the standard of our players was so poor, the only thing we had to hang on to was which shit players players worked harder than the other shit players. The same fans who love Milner also loved Bellamy and Dickov, poor players who ran around a lot.

Imagine if Milner and Nasri played for Barca, or Real, or Bayern. How many of their fans would rate Milner over Nasri? I don't think you'd find a single one.

Shaelumstash said:
I can't actually believe three or four people have said Milner is a better player than Nasri. As I've said before, it's a unique phenomenon to City that a certain set of fans value work rate "tracking back" and "wanting it" more than they do footballing talent. It started when we went down to the third division, and because the standard of our players was so poor, the only thing we had to hang on to was which shit players players worked harder than the other shit players. The same fans who love Milner also loved Bellamy and Dickov, poor players who ran around a lot.

Imagine if Milner and Nasri played for Barca, or Real, or Bayern. How many of their fans would rate Milner over Nasri? I don't think you'd find a single one.

Your last bit is hard to imagine Nasri could play for Barca or Real Milner would never ever be considered good enough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.