Milner update.

Why are Valencia playing Villa tonight and then City tomoz night? Are they sending their reserves to play us or something?

BillyShears said:
Scooby Blue said:
1) What a surprise to find BS and DD turning a Milner thread into a Stevie Ireland love-in

2) I am not a kid (40+ if it matters) / I have had a season ticket for over 20 years / and the most annoyed I have been at a City game was watching Ireland give the ball away in the home Derby last season ... and then stand watching with his hands on his hips as if it was "someone else's job" to win the ball back.

3) Just because I do not rate Ireland does not make me disloyal to City

4) Fans have different opinions on players ... that's life (e.g. some love De Jong , others find him a one-trick pony) but I really resent the way you two try and portray anyone who criticises SI as some sort of football neanderthal

5) Not overly fussed if we get Milner but (as A LOYAL SUPPORTER) I will trust the judgement of the management team and give him a chance , and (as A LOYAL SUPPORTER) I similarly trust Mancini et al if they decide that Ireland has had enough chances and not impressed.

1. Hardly a Stevie Ireland love in - just think the kid's worth more than a lot of people earlier in this thread were stating.

2. I'm delighted that you're such a loyal supporter.

3. No, not rating Ireland doesn't at all make you disloyal to City. I don't rate Barry.

4. I agree fans have different opinions.

5. I think Milner would be a fantastic signing. Not sure I trust Mancini's judgment entirely when it comes to the players he has at his disposal but hey ho - as you say, different people have different opinions.

All in all mate, there was no need to take what I posted so personally.
Do you think Stevie will stay? I hope he does. He could benefit a lot from playing in front of Yaya Toure

I think he needs to know that he has the confidence of the manager. Last season was one of transition as this one threatens to be as well. Not easy

Adebayors lovechild said:
avoidconfusion said:
Completely agree... although I think I would take a straight swap but everything else would be madness and totally ridiculous.

Completely agree with boht of you...but...

I think we could settle with stevie +5 mil for milner?
Here here. No wonder Villa fans want Milner to leave - 20m PLUS Stevie Ireland for James Milner is a shocking piece of transfer business for us.

I'm really not convinced this is Mancini's buy, but he has a good record in the transfer market at Inter anyway.

But I seriously doubt that James Milner can live up to his price and trade tag if he comes.

Pam said:
Why are Valencia playing Villa tonight and then City tomoz night? Are they sending their reserves to play us or something?

Trigger said:
We originally asked Santos or Estudiantes to play us - neither accepted and we arranged a game versus Valencia as they were already over here.

Now the catch they are playing Aston Villa on Friday night so not really fair to play them at 3pm next day, so a night KO was organised.

I thank you ;)

Posted in a previous thread ;)

A certain Villa manager has intimated that Milner will be sold in the next couple of days. Should be progress then soon thankfully.

Villa fans seem to think it's a goer. They are pretty receptive to the idea of Stevie joining up as a makeweight.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=61688&start=885" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name ... &start=885</a>

Goaters said:
A certain Villa manager has intimated that Milner will be sold in the next couple of days. Should be progress then soon thankfully.
Monday could be an exciting day for us

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Goaters said:
Monday could be an exciting day for us

I feel like that's been said every day since the season ended :p

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.