Milner update.

Scooby Blue said:
1) What a surprise to find BS and DD turning a Milner thread into a Stevie Ireland love-in

2) I am not a kid (40+ if it matters) / I have had a season ticket for over 20 years / and the most annoyed I have been at a City game was watching Ireland give the ball away in the home Derby last season ... and then stand watching with his hands on his hips as if it was "someone else's job" to win the ball back.

3) Just because I do not rate Ireland does not make me disloyal to City

4) Fans have different opinions on players ... that's life (e.g. some love De Jong , others find him a one-trick pony) but I really resent the way you two try and portray anyone who criticises SI as some sort of football neanderthal

5) Not overly fussed if we get Milner but (as A LOYAL SUPPORTER) I will trust the judgement of the management team and give him a chance , and (as A LOYAL SUPPORTER) I similarly trust Mancini et al if they decide that Ireland has had enough chances and not impressed.

1. Hardly a Stevie Ireland love in - just think the kid's worth more than a lot of people earlier in this thread were stating.

2. I'm delighted that you're such a loyal supporter.

3. No, not rating Ireland doesn't at all make you disloyal to City. I don't rate Barry.

4. I agree fans have different opinions.

5. I think Milner would be a fantastic signing. Not sure I trust Mancini's judgment entirely when it comes to the players he has at his disposal but hey ho - as you say, different people have different opinions.

All in all mate, there was no need to take what I posted so personally.

Scooby Blue said:
1) What a surprise to find BS and DD turning a Milner thread into a Stevie Ireland love-in

2) I am not a kid (40+ if it matters) / I have had a season ticket for over 20 years / and the most annoyed I have been at a City game was watching Ireland give the ball away in the home Derby last season ... and then stand watching with his hands on his hips as if it was "someone else's job" to win the ball back.

3) Just because I do not rate Ireland does not make me disloyal to City

4) Fans have different opinions on players ... that's life (e.g. some love De Jong , others find him a one-trick pony) but I really resent the way you two try and portray anyone who criticises SI as some sort of football neanderthal

5) Not overly fussed if we get Milner but (as A LOYAL SUPPORTER) I will trust the judgement of the management team and give him a chance , and (as A LOYAL SUPPORTER) I similarly trust Mancini et al if they decide that Ireland has had enough chances and not impressed.

Don't get drawn into it mate. Dare to disagree and the same tired old insults seem to come out - FM playing, johnny come lately, happy clapping, disloyal, teenybopping, kids in the main (none of which apply to me btw) so what's the point?

Amusingly I have now been called happy clapping for being too positive and disloyal for being too negative in the last couple of days by the appropriately named BS. Couldn't give a fuck to be honest, it's just a forum.

Not interested in egos and agendas, just here for the City news, speculation and varied opinions myself.

Back on topic. Excited now Mancini has confirmed his intention to sign Milner - I've really come around to the idea and think he will be a very good signing and prove a lot of people wrong (who will then deny they ever doubted him in the first place lol)

Why can't people just do the maths

3 keepers - Hart Given and Taylor

8 defenders Kolorov, Boetang,Lescott, Bridge, Onouha, Richards, Toure, Zab

8 midfield players AJ, Silva, Barry, Toure, NDJ, Ireland, Kompany, SWP

4 strikers - Ade, Bellamy, Tevez, Robinho.

That makes a squad of 23 players if we sign Balotelli because he is under 21 he can play anyway even if not in above squad, with Milner takes it to 24 so at a push RSC could also be included. I have left M Johnson out because he won't be fit till christmas so no need to add him now. Why the fuck do we need to sell Ireland, Ned, Bellamy or even loan them out???????

Rammyblues said:

That makes a squad of 23 players if we sign Balotelli because he is under 21 he can play anyway even if not in above squad, with Milner takes it to 24 so at a push RSC could also be included. I have left M Johnson out because he won't be fit till christmas so no need to add him now. Why the fuck do we need to sell Ireland, Ned, Bellamy or even loan them out???????

Thank goodness for a reasoned post. I hope this puts to rest the mass exodus theory that is regularly spouted int the press.

I'd be happy with the above for next season (except for Robinho - he can leave with my greatest delight).

Becoming more and more convinced that Milner is exactly what we need, more energy in midfield, like a midfield Tevez to inject some urgency and spark into our play.

Still don't think he's brilliantly talented or worth the money, but he'd still be a big asset to the team if he can keep improving the way he has.

bluesoup said:
Rammyblues said:

Thank goodness for a reasoned post. I hope this puts to rest the mass exodus theory that is regularly spouted int the press.

I'd be happy with the above for next season (except for Robinho - he can leave with my greatest delight).

Viera

Rammyblues said:

Good post. But what about Vieira?

pee dubya said:
Becoming more and more convinced that Milner is exactly what we need, more energy in midfield, like a midfield Tevez to inject some urgency and spark into our play.

Still don't think he's brilliantly talented or worth the money, but he'd still be a big asset to the team if he can keep improving the way he has.

I agree 100% with this.

If we want a squad like that we need to sell Caicedo, Jo, Santa Cruz, which may be hard to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.